Softop EVA deck foam removal

I’ve got an old lifeguard 11’ Surftech Softop with the glass stripped off most of the bottom. I want to take the EVA foam off the deck and reglass the bottom and do a cork deck. I’m not having much luck with heat and scrapers on the EVA foam and I’m hesitant to use any solvents cause if it its the exposed foam on the bottom it could do some damage. Any tips would be appreciated.

You may have some luck with a heat gun.      Be very careful though.

medium-soft pad 40 grit.

A sharp blade under a corner. Then lift and cut away from the board. I use a sharpened stiff paint scraper with rounded corners and ram it at the join while pulling on the foam. You can get runs where pulling quite hard will get a lot of progress, but the job takes a while.

Depending on the glue you will end up with glue and foam residue. I’ve found soaking a cloth in paraffin and leaving it on the glue for 15 mins will soften the glue to where it can be scraped with a scraper/rubbed off with a cloth. The paraffin does not affect resin, but it will eat EPS.

It’s a pain in the butt job and one of the reasons my snapped boards sit in the corner for so long before I start to clean 'em up.

scraper atachment on a multi tool and it comes off super easy. 

Bingo thank you Charlie. The multi tool made short work of it and from there I was about to sand the dried glue off.