Solarez dual cure UV resin

Solarez sells a UV resin product, that I was considering, to lam/finish a board. Is it worth a try ?? Has anybody had any experience with their product ?? Good or bad I want to hear it… Thanks in advance …

Sucks. I used it on 2 different big ding repairs - a nose replacement and a huge fin gash. You have no control on set time and it goes off quick, and makes it hard to use with fiberglass.  It also dimples.  I suggest using regular resin with catalyst for some control.  If I want a hot coat I’ll add more catalyst.

Good luck  

some people have been using UV cure polyester resin to lam boards with success.

i don't know which brand they are using though...

seems to me that bud here on Sways was or is using it... maybe PM him.

i dont know about ‘solarez’ but i use ‘suncure’ uv catalyst resin exculsively.  keep in mind i have a ‘uv’ light tunnel to cure.  i would think that having to take the board outside to cure in the sun would be a huge hassle, but could be done with a little preparation. 

brasco

Make your own!

I just make my own. Do all your work inside take it out for 5 minutes to bake in the sun then bring her back in and sand.

No brainer. Fast and Easy! Having a light box is even better like what Brasco has.

Sucks. I used it on 2 different big ding repairs - a nose replacement and a huge fin gash. You have no control on set time and it goes off quick, and makes it hard to use with fiberglass.  It also dimples.  I suggest using regular resin with catalyst for some control.  If I want a hot coat I'll add more catalyst.

Good luck  

Sun Cure is great. Perfect for ding repair. Fast easy just keep in out of the light until your ready. It's all timing!

sun cure, solar cure and solarez are all the same basic chemical additive to standard polyester resin. Use it, it will save you a ton of time. Have you ever gotten mekp on your hand? bleh, smells horrible for days… I have successfully glassed a LB from shaped blank to surfing it the same day with sun cure. great product!

DS