Southern California Trip

I have lived in south OC since '78. Food wise in SC I like Sonny’s for Itailian, La Siesta for Mexican. Nomads has great food too. Hotels are cheap off Priceline when I travel to LA and SD, so I would assume if you want a nice place to stay for under $150 a night I would go that route. I would shoot for four stars, price it at $125 and work your way down on stars from there. I would include San Juan Capistrano and Dana Point in your hotel area search is your want to surf SC. If you want to take a break and watch a game, there are nice booths at Duke’s. The food is ok, but the beer is cheap. Across from the SC pier is the Beach Garden Cafe, nice breakfast. A’s Burgers and Pedro’s Tacos are good for burgers and burritos.

I’m around. 

If you want waves go north , jump in the car head for SF area , go now dont wait , its not gonna happen here .

Paddled out at Uppers this afternoon.  Was just me and my grom for half an hour. Then 4 others paddled down from Cottons.  Was actually  pretty fun before the wind came on shore around 3:00.

Trip ended up being a success.  Found fun waves every day.  Surfed Uppers 4 days and Oceanside 1 day.  My grom had a blast.

Glad your son had a good trip. Int the end thats what counts. 

We found chest high surf every day.  Had a blast at Uppers on Friday…the waves were only waist to chest but they were hitting the point perfectly making perfect little race tracks.  Surprisingly the crowds were very light and the vibe in the water was actually better than back home.  Even had Uppers entirely to ourselves at one point.  Most sessions the crowd ranged from 6 to 8 people with the most crowded being Sunday with about 20 early in the session.  Would like to catch these spots with some solid overhead swell.

Didn’t do much other than surf for 5 days.  Made a quick visit to the Noll shop and drove out 74 through the mountains to Lake Elsinore and back one day while waiting for the tide.