.... spare a thought for eastern australia at this time , please ....

just saw on news programme 'the project' tonight ,

the extent of the flooding as a result of a cyclone currently moving down the coast from northern queensland into new south wales ...

it will be a few thousand kms / miles travelled

unfortunately three lives have already been lost in queensland ,

they said on the programme

queensland went through something as bad a couple of years ago , and many people are experiencing deja vu

they estimated some rivers would rise by as much as 7.9 METRES ?? [THAT is around 23 feet or so ?!]

put up prayers , positive thoughts , good vibes for our brothers there please people

stay safe swaylockians living there

cheers and best thoughts at this time

ben chipper , west australia

[my parents live in coffs harbour , an area with rivers nearby , also [as has a LOT of new south wales , and queensland ] ....and the main highway has already been closed to traffic ..... 

"put up prayers , positive thoughts , good vibes for our brothers there please people "

...for EVERYONE  living there , please ....

my sweethearts’ mum called last night from the alley. they are without power of any kind and getting hammered by the storm. something they have experienced several times up around nebo, but never figured it would be so bad along the coast.

Here is a 37 sec vid of a driver with very little common sense.

http://www.joe.ie/motors/motors-news/video-driver-stupidly-decides-to-overtake-bus-while-driving-through-a-sea-of-foam-0033359-1

Here is a 37 sec vid of a driver with very little common sense.

http://www.joe.ie/motors/motors-news/video-driver-stupidly-decides-to-overtake-bus-while-driving-through-a-sea-of-foam-0033359-1

From a friend In Currumbin…

“We have had 600mm (23+”) of rain in 24 hours and 60 knot winds. 2,500 houses under water, 3 dead and 250,000 with out power…2 years ago was the 1 in 100 year flood and here it is again. Some rivers are 29m above normal…"

haa’‘’  i sit on an island with both rivers pouring it all out into the bay

thats about as strong a wind and rain i have been through for as long a period as that blew me workshop door inn?

lost all me mangoes some bannanas left  but nothing else thank the lord

to those that have effected badly my sincere thoughts are with you

**the logan peaks tonight around 9 mtrs

** cheers huie

Hi Paul -

Is this a typo?  Would this convert to roughly 90 feet?  Holy shit!

"Some rivers are 29m above normal..."

One metre equals 3 feet 3 inches so 9 metres equals 29 feet 3’',so yeah 29 metres definately a typo, should have read 9 metres.

The Clarence River at Grafton peaked at 8 metres above sea level this morning.

Rainfall around my area for this storm event was around 400mm which is 16 inches, which is the heaviest storm I have seen in the 24 years that I have been living here…

Had 6 trees fall over on my property, all shallow rooted wattles.

The other bummer is that all the sand bottom points had good sand build up, that has now changed.

"Is this a typo?  Would this convert to roughly **90 feet**?  Holy shit!

"Some rivers are 29m above normal..."

That’s how Grant Newby wrote it…