Spearfishing

I have an 11’ classic longboard I would like to use as a freedive spearfishing platform. Does anyone here have any experience outfitting a board for such a use?

I have an 11’ classic longboard I would like to use as a freedive > spearfishing platform. Does anyone here have any experience outfitting a > board for such a use? if you don’t get an answer here go to eatonsurf.com bullitin board – mostly paddleboard stuff and i would guess you would find an answer there

I had a 10’6" that I was going to rig up for that but didn’t get around to doing it before I sold it. I had intended to set foot strap plugs in it and then screw velcro tabs into those in order to hold the spear (pole spear) to the board while paddling. I had also thought about setting some in it to strap a milk crate to the deck to hold misc. loose stuff or gear. You can get deck plugs from fiberglasssupply.com they come in two types, self tapping (which is basically just a nylon plug that you put a lag screw into), or plugs with threaded brass inserts which are a little classier looking and trouble free as long as you don’t cross thread a screw into them. Good luck, Matthew Weaver>>> I have an 11’ classic longboard I would like to use as a freedive > spearfishing platform. Does anyone here have any experience outfitting a > board for such a use?

I had a 10’6" that I was going to rig up for that but didn’t get > around to doing it before I sold it. I had intended to set foot strap > plugs in it and then screw velcro tabs into those in order to hold the > spear (pole spear) to the board while paddling. I had also thought about > setting some in it to strap a milk crate to the deck to hold misc. loose > stuff or gear. You can get deck plugs from fiberglasssupply.com they come > in two types, self tapping (which is basically just a nylon plug that you > put a lag screw into), or plugs with threaded brass inserts which are a > little classier looking and trouble free as long as you don’t cross thread > a screw into them.>>> Good luck,>>> Matthew Weaver Thanks.Patrick