Strengthening a surfboard stringer

Hi I am in the procces of repairing a badly delimitated fish surfboard, I have cut out and removed all the delaminated glass but I cut a little into the stringer when cutting the glass. As I am planning to surf this board is there anyway that I could strengthen the stringer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers

…just saw this… because you are dealing with a short surfboard, the likelihood of it snapping is far less likely than with a longer surfboard.

It’s what we call a “fulcrum thing” which in classic “ASTM” testing, the longer the span, the more likely a given stringer, rafter, I Beam, etc. will break under a load bearing situation.

Just patch the board up as best you can and take some additional fiberglass strips of cloth 2: to 4" wide and laminate them onto the board to create fiberglass stringers.

As a general rule, most surfboards break because the load bearing situation causes the bottom to stretch and the deck to buckle. In engineering terms this is a load bearing and subsequent failure situation. Therefore, it makes sense that thicker stringers and thicker surfboards will flex less and avoid breaking more than a thinner narrow stringered surfboard. You can also double up on the fiberglass on the bottom of a typically single layered glassed surfboard to avoid greater likelihood of it snapping.

will do
really appreciate the help
Cheers

I fully agree with deadshaper.

The strength of the stringer is not that important.
What’s more important is the bonding strength of the fibreglass to the stringer, as that will have influence on the buckling resistance.
The stringer doesn’t take much load, but it has major contribution to the stiffness by connecting the top and bottom lam.

It is very similar to an I-beam (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-beam)