Summer short board build

Hi Bill, 

MTB = mountain bike…

The roller was the less expensive of the two 3" models available at the local marine supply - one of the coolest places, so many cool things, I got a 5’ “hook”/mushroom head, pre-adhesived disk (for those sweet 5" sanding disks w/loops on the back) to put on the heavy rubber disk of my sander there - prior to that I was customizing with 2" velcro from the craft store - I just happened to stumble upon it while perusing their sanding supplies… The main point of the roller is for the big flat areas - so great for working out bubbles as they arise.

I couldn’t tell you how much is weighs - rough guess 8 lbs +/- 2lbs???

Hard to tell in the pictures, but I hot wired the bottom nose rocker - about a foot, and the bottom tail rocker - about two and a half feet.

I used an electric planner a little bit, surforms a little bit, sanding planks quiet a bit. - and a hand saw for roughing the outline and deck tail foil.

Yep - for me, roller = game changer.

I know where there is some old dock foam if you are interested.  Looks funky from the outside, but probably fine on the inside.

I just tuned in.  Bold moves there, TaylorO.  What the heck is that hot wire guide stuff?  Looks very handy.

I’m always up for a new tool, but I don’t see the need for  a roller.  I don’t see bubbles in my lams.  Maybe I misunderstand?  

All the best