Suprise blank

So i went to pick up a blank for a nose rider and this happened to be rather cheap so i picked it up with out even measuring it!

Its 6’9 and a half, 16" nose, 21.5 wide and 15.5" tail. Rocker numbers are 4 3/4" nose and 2 5/8" tail.

Now it being cheap was due to it being machine cut slightly off centre, were talking 1/8th of inch. Im quite happy to true up the larger side.

Currently my quiver is based around midlength, fish and longboards. Ive not really felt the urge for a  more performance orientated board but i never kick a gift horse in the mouth! That being said my 7’2 is based off the howard mini, which i guess is more performance in the midlength category. That board prefers punchier days and cruising.

For this board i just cant work out where its going to go. The rocker measurements are larger for me personally, so i think i nees to fit this in to the larger wave category, where my 6’7 diamond tail is just a bit to flat and boyant.

Im thinking of squaring her up, and running a 2+1 for bigger days, perhaps steal an inch from the tail and progress its current mild single concave into a bit of a channel, or lopping some nose and tail off to make a more cruisy liddlr style shape (i know the bottom is far from hullable!)

This will be for my local beach breaks in Kernowfornia including gwithian and fistral as my main go to spots and id look to take it out on 4’ plus days 

What do you guys think? Im open to ideas!

Nice snip !

Your plans sound good to me.

No local to Kernowfornia, but surfed there the last 3 weeks (lowtide Fistral and midtide Drsokyn/Perranporth mostly, + some sessions at lusty glaze).

If it was for me, I´d keep the planshape, maybe knock it down to 6.6 - 6.8 in length and 21 in width.

Shortening would put the rocker numbers to maybe 4.5N / 2.5 T, which sound quite good for me.

Singlefinbox + sidebites is a safe bet and will work nice I think.

I´d maybe go for a singlefinbox + two FCS boxes for Twins (Akila or MR style would be my choice).

Cruising it as a single, riding twin or twin+trailer when fistral gets steeper at lowtide.

Your plans with modifying the mild single concave into a bit of a channel could suit the twin (+trailer) quite good.

Let us know what you make of it.

The shape is only asymm relative to the stringer.  You could just glass it and surf it as is.  The rocker seems to be set up for a thruster, not a quad or single.  

Thanks for the replies! 

Gdaddy that does sound like the most straightdorward plan! Out of curiosity how do rocker number more focused as thrusters conpare to rhise of say a quad?

What were you doing here! As you know high tide fistral can be an ever changing affair and quite dumpy! Ive been uaing my fish for those situations with good results latel!

How dis you find perranporth, ive only had one or two memorable sessioms down there unfortunately and im not even 10 mins away!

So the more i look at this board the more im finding a place for it which should help with finishing this shape.

Here are a few imagrs my go too. It was the first shape i did with lots of help from here! Comes in at 6'7 x22 x3 ish with full round rails. Fish rocker from a 6'9 bennet fish blank. This board loves a good down the line and allthough its quite flat it enjoyd a good pump and a section. But, its a little flat for some of the more peaky days and in anything steep getting bacl llk up the face and around at the top it is pretty stiff

Its set as a thruster at the min. Flowy as a single but too stiff as a quad. I think this blank should enhance on what ive learnt through the 6'7 with more refined rails and a lot more pivot in the turns. Thay blue board carries alot of volume

Please excuse my face 

I use more tail rocker for thrusters and less rocker for singles and twins and their variants.  

Looks like that board will be a blast to ride! I’d go with a 2+1 fin setup. Maybe a 7" flex fin and sidebites.