surboard deck and advice.

Hello everyone, it’s been a minute since I last posted something but I am stumped and have no answer for my friend. I few days aga my buddy was gifted this board and he sent me a pic and I told him the little info that I know about infinity boards. I told him to take the wax off to clean it up and see if there are any deep gashes or dings on the board. He explained that it did not have much wax but had a very rough texture of sort on the deck and thought it was old dried up wax. He sent me a picture but I have no idea what kind of material was used for the deck. He wants to take it off but it seems like a dauting task. he said its pretty rough. My question is , what is the stuff thats on top?  

It’s a spray on finish as has been used on Sailboards for many years.  Ground Acrylic or Sugar.  Either will work. Sprayed on with a Cap Spray Gun.  Even Silica(sand) can be used.  I got pretty good at it when I was on Maui.  But it was always too rough or not rough enough, depending on what German, Japanese or John Kerry type rented the board…  I liked to put it on and then “clear-coat” top coat.  Can be sanded off easily.  Sorry I took all the fun out of it.  I should have waited to see what all the experts ventured to guess.