Surfboard as the Trailer

Looked at the site more, and found this…http://muletransportsystems.com/photo_page.html exactly what I was looking for. Seems pretty simple, and I don’t know if that is the best “attachment” system, as you’d have sit on the webbing… may not be to comfortable for longer rides, but an easy part to deal with.

Looks so much easier to think about than a full on trailer set up, and much easier to deal with for travel… part of my extended fantasy… bike in box w/trailer device stuck in… ride bike with boards and light camping gear…

Quote:

Looked at the site more, and found this…http://muletransportsystems.com/photo_page.html exactly what I was looking for. Seems pretty simple, and I don’t know if that is the best “attachment” system, as you’d have sit on the webbing… may not be to comfortable for longer rides, but an easy part to deal with.

Looks so much easier to think about than a full on trailer set up, and much easier to deal with for travel… part of my extended fantasy… bike in box w/trailer device stuck in… ride bike with boards and light camping gear…

If you adjust the strap so that the buckle is behind the seat you don’t notice it’s there. If I were gonna use it on long haul I would definitely slime the wheels to prevent flats. I just use some cheapo webbing straps to attach things to my long board with some towels for padding. The only real downside is the small size of the wheels, it would ride smoother and faster if they were bigger, but then it wouldn’t break down into a little carry bag.

i’ve been there…

I’m thinking of making my own with 16" bike wheels. May make an attachment point on the back of the seat, and my make the board/axle attachment with some type of “give” for shock absorption - lessen the transfer of jolts to the board… Is that the sound of bungee calling my name… Ha!

Thanks to “killer” for starting this, and all who contributed… may have changed my life a little…

Now just to find that drug runners pad… read an article years ago about a guy who lived and worked in Palm Springs, and had his own helicopter he flew to Baja in… Hmmm…

hay Dudes it is a good idea to be able to pull you board along with your bike , check out Quiver Kaddy , www.quiverkaddy.com keep up the lateral thinking ,

Hay Surfer Dudes , get your co 2 Credits Up , This Product Quiver Kaddy has just won a Environmental award for it contribution to cut down the pollution

Hey Hey,

I like the Ideas!

So I have decided to start my bike trip in Montevideo, and then go down the East coast of Argentina. The surf if not great here it seems, and the rout we picked is a little inland so we will be without boards here. Once we go back up the Pacific side we will get boards somewhere in Chile, and tow them behind us. We are still thinking how to do it, but all these ideas are great. I might just try the Mule. We are going All the way to Ecuador so we definitely need a surf craft!

Again thanks for the input and keep it coming!

Chris

www.hammermonkey.ca