Surfboard Digital Photo Question

I want to post a picture of a Frye Fish, but I dont know how to reduce the size of the file. Swaylock recommends keeping the file size to around 90 kb. The digital Fish picture I want to upload is around 160 kb. Is it possible to reduce the file size?

If you have an image program on your computer you can do it there - just make the file around 700 pixels at the largest dimension, 72 dpi and save it as a jpg about a 5 quality and you should be fine. Or you can e-mail it to me at and I’ll do it and send it back to you in about 5 minutes.

Thank you. I’ll make the attempt. If I can’t figure it out, I’ll take you up on the offer. Much Thanks. -Rick

hope you work it out its hard to find any pics of frye fish anywhere. cant wait to see it.

Thanks Surfore. I posted the Frye fish. It should be resource # 519.

Here’s another trick: In Photoshop there is a feature called “save for web”. This reduces the number of colors from millions to 256, and thereby reduces your image size considerably. Since browsers are incapable of rendering millions of colors, use this feature when you are placing photos on the web. The default save feature “save as” is great for high res stuff for print media like magazines or photos seen on billboards. But for this stuff, the 256 color feature is fine.

Thanks. Appreciate the tips.