Surfboard for paraplegic surfer

[img_assist|nid=1069613|title=board for paraplegic surfer|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=427|height=640][img_assist|nid=1069613|title=board for paraplegic surfer|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=0|height=0]

I would say it depends wheter or not he intends to ride it prone or ride it sitting - also, does he have use of his hips and spine? I’ve been thinking about this a bit too - I think somewhere between an adaptive sit-ski and a kayak would be his best bet… The reason I ask about his hips and spine is this: he will get beter control and response from the board being strapped into it, but he will need to have the ability to roll the board back over (ie with a paddle) or be able to bail quickly in an emergency… Kayakers can roll easily, but it’s entirely depending on a “hip snap” to do, so if he has no hip use that would just be plain insane. 

Maybe a step-deck with an “ass concave” for him to sit in? It would need to have a fair bit of volume if he’s sitting to keep him afloat while stationary 

Hello guys ,

this is what we Have build so far…more to comes!