Surfing in Hawaii

You have all seen surfing on the north shore at Sunset , Pipe , Waimea , but if you go to Surf News Network and click on to the little movie about white plains you will see what surfing in Hawaii is really like , enjoy .

Is this the one?

https://www.surfnewsnetwork.com/mumbo-jumbo-white-plains-beachfun/

[[{“fid”:“105387”,“view_mode”:“default”,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“1”},“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“1”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”}},“link_text”:null}]]

I grew up about a mile or 2 down the beach. Back in the day this was part of a military base, but my father was retired military, so we had access. It is now a public beach and has become home of the party wave (everybody go). I know the guy that shot this and some of the people in the clip. Look up Dan’s Surf Videos on Youtube and facebook. He likes to shoot Emerick Ishikawa a lifeguard there. Emerick is the riding the 2 hand boards he’s a classic. He’s almost always smiling, makes his own boards, and he rips.

Every side of Oahu has its own vibe. The south side is still pretty friendly to just about anyone.

Yup

Sure do miss surfing Ewa…many fond memories of the South Shore!!

south shore…glidin and smilin