Swallow Tail?

I am wondering how one goes about cleaning out the stringer when shaping a swallow tail? I have only tried to shape one swallow tail in the past and the stringer was a real pain in the A$#!! Thanks for any help in advance. With regards, Chris

I am wondering how one goes about cleaning out the stringer when shaping > a swallow tail? I have only tried to shape one swallow tail in the past > and the stringer was a real pain in the A$#!! Thanks for any help in > advance.>>> With regards, Chris I used a very small round file (just a little narrower than the stringer) to get the stringer flush with the foam in the middle of the swallow. You have to be very careful not to go off onto the side of the wood. Make sure the file is nice and sharp.

Round Surform about 1\2 " in diameter about a foot long with a handle on one end

Pnuematic pencil grinder with various carbide tips similar to a dentist. Invaluable for ding repairs and laminating overlaps also, so its worth the initial expense, a dremel(brand) kit will do.