Swayloholics Anonymous 2007...

Would there be any interest out there for another event at Plaskett Creek in Big Sur, Ca on the weekend of October 12th - 15th?

hmmm, well, lemme think… YES!!!

Well, OK. Lemme work out a few details and I’ll post something official.

Yes, I would really like to get to one before I die. Anything I can do to help?

Ride on,

Tom

Ladies & Gentlemen -

This is it… your official invitation to S.A. 2007! Quite a few people have already committed and the remaining spots will surely fill fast. If you have committed via discussion board, please send money to confirm. We will have room for 20 vehicles but capacity for both sites combined is 80 people so if you can, please plan to car pool. There MAY also be individual sites available on a first come first served basis.

We’ll stage another raffle as everybody seems to get a kick out of receiving free stuff. Tickets will be 1.00/ea at the site. I’ll update if anything really bitchen is donated for the raffle. Otherwise, we’ll get by with the cool stuff that miraculously seems to show up.

As always, firewood, ice and raffle items are going to be much appreciated.

• WHO: The usual gang of hopelessly dysfunctional surfcraft enthusiasts
  • WHAT: S.A. support group meeting #4
  • WHERE: Plaskett Creek Group Sites #2 & 3
  • WHEN: October 12th - 15th 2007
  • HOW MUCH: 25.00 per person (includes camping fee and t-shirt) - family rate = 50.00 if you bring kids but only includes 2 t-shirts. (Please advise on t-shirt sizes so I'll know what to order.)
Contact me with any questions or to send registration fee... THANKS!

John Mellor

271 Vista Ct

Los Osos, Ca 93402

805-528-4724

goomba271@charter.net

can we pay via paypal?

In an attempt to grasp what is currently happening in the world of foam, I contacted several foam companies re: foam samples and raffle blanks. In light of a very generous response from many of the foam people, there is going to be a foam comparison display where we can all check out samples of the latest Polyurethane and Styrene foams.

There will also be a number of blanks for raffle…

• Kimberly Thress at US Blanks has donated a 6'2"P, 6'2"A fish, 6'8" EPS and a couple of unstringered "second" sample blanks that appear nice enough to shape.
  • Kip Nead at Ice-Nine has donated a 7'0" blank and a half blank sample.
  • Clay Peterson at Marko has donated a 6'2" EPS and a split grom blank sample.
  • A 6'4"F Bio-Foam blank was sent from Chuck Menzel at Wetsand.com.
  • Scott Saunders at Just Foam sent us a 6'9"
  • Scott at Foam, Fins and Fiberglass sent a 7'2" Walker, resin, glass, fin, box... a complete board making kit.
Thanks to all for the very generous response!

I know there are a few companies I missed but this should give attendees a good idea of what’s happening. I have a few other samples I’ll bring and if anybody has some scraps or whatever, it would help round out the display.

Ben Sparks has agreed to send along his extremely innovative “Peanut” board for display. Ray Meeks is going to bring a Ben Shipman board as a memorial. As posted, Guilhem Rainfray (Balsa) is working on a nice longboard that we hope to get over here from France in time for the raffle.

Sooo… the wheels are slowly turning.

If any of you still need to send checks, I’d like to get a final idea on numbers and sizes for printing of Ambrose’s t-shirt design.

Thanks!

And Herb… make up your mind will ya?

OK… thanks to all who sent checks for registration for this year’s event. Registration is now closed. I’m going to order up some shirts and hope for good weather and clean surf for our weekend. See ya there!