TAKAYAMA JOEL TUDER 60'S CLASSIC SQUARETAIL PIG MODEL

I HAVE ACCQUIRED ONE IN PERFECT CONDITION, PROBABLY 6-8 YRS OLD 10’ LONG, DOUBLE 10 OZ COKEBOTTLE VOLAN WITH SUPER RAKED RED FIN THAT IS PAST THE END OF BOARD MAYBE 2". ANYBODY CARE TO DISCUSS THIS SHAPE? VALUE? IS IT A WALL HANGER OR SHOULD I GO AHEAD AND PUT THE FIRST KNEE DENTS IN THIS LIMITED EDITION? THE PIG DOESN’T LOOK LIKE A NOSERIDER BUT I’M TEMPTED. NARROW 16 1/4" NOSE WITH BELLY ON THE FULL BOTTOM. INSANE GLOSSY GLASSJOB. UGLY OUTLINE. IS THIS THE VELZY BREAKTHOUGH SHAPE THAT DEWEY RIPPED MALIBU ON IN THE LATE 50’S? JIM? GENE?

I HAVE ACCQUIRED ONE IN PERFECT CONDITION, PROBABLY 6-8 YRS OLD 10’ LONG, > DOUBLE 10 OZ COKEBOTTLE VOLAN WITH SUPER RAKED RED FIN THAT IS PAST THE > END OF BOARD MAYBE 2". ANYBODY CARE TO DISCUSS THIS SHAPE? VALUE? IS > IT A WALL HANGER OR SHOULD I GO AHEAD AND PUT THE FIRST KNEE DENTS IN THIS > LIMITED EDITION? THE PIG DOESN’T LOOK LIKE A NOSERIDER BUT I’M TEMPTED. > NARROW 16 1/4" NOSE WITH BELLY ON THE FULL BOTTOM. INSANE GLOSSY > GLASSJOB. UGLY OUTLINE. IS THIS THE VELZY BREAKTHOUGH SHAPE THAT DEWEY > RIPPED MALIBU ON IN THE LATE 50’S? JIM? GENE? Its probably worth at least a thousand bucks. If u want it to hold its value, keep it out of the water. Since Joel isnt with Takayama anymore, anything that they collaborated on is worth a bit more than it would be if they were still working together. I saw a Joel Tudor/Takayama model, the high performance shape, in mint condition going for $1400 bucks here in Hawaii. But that was in a shop that caters to Japanese tourists. I happen to have one in mint condition also and Im holding on to mine to see what happens.

ride it ride it ride it ride it ride it. but thats just my opinion

ive heard that joel and donald are sort of on and off, they work together for a while, then they dont, then they do, then they dont… that sort of thing, so you never know, they just might get back together afterall. by the way, that board sounds really interesting… can you describe it some more? shape wise, etc. and what was the part about the limited addition? is it a Model T or a Pig?? -steve

Yesss!!! Ride it, and take care of the board!!! Good waves, Coque.

Sorry, I don’t know much about the board but I saw this photo on a Japanese web-site. The board is a 9’6" DONALD TAKAYAMA, JOEL TUDOR, SQUARE TAIL PIG. 190,000 yen?

Sorry, I don’t know much about the board but I saw this photo on a > Japanese web-site. The board is a 9’6" DONALD TAKAYAMA, JOEL TUDOR, > SQUARE TAIL PIG. 190,000 yen? EXCEPT MINES STRETCHED ANOTHER 6" IN THE NOSE, WITH A BLACK PINSTRIPE ON DECK,THE NORMAL DONALD LAMS ARE ON THE BOTTOM WITH THAT BEAUTIFUL SICK RED FIN! TO STEVEPAGE…LIMITED EDITION MEANS THIS IS NOT A POPULAR MODEL LIKE THE MODEL T(ALTHOUGH WHO KNOWS HOW MANY WENT TO JAPAN) AND I’VE NEVER SEEN ANYBODY RIDE ONE, IT DOESN’T LOOK LIKE A POPULAR FUNCTIONAL SHAPE AS WE KNOW THEM TODAY, IT’S A REPRODUCTION OF A EARLY 60’S BREAKTHOUGH SHAPE BUT I SURE WOULDN’T BUY THIS TO RIDE WITH THE LAME EARLY 60’S TECHNOLOGY THAT DEFINATELY DOESN’T CATER TO NOSERIDING. BUT I HAVE IT AND I’M STOKED, BUT I CAN TELL IT IS JUST A HIGH PRICED TAIL RIDER, I’M WAY TOO INVOLVED IN NOSERIDING TO BORINGLY RIDE THIS KNOWING IT IS SUBSTANDARD TO A WIDENOSED/CONCAVED BOTTOM. THE FIN OVERHANG MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO STAND UP SO ITS UP ON A WALL FOR NOW! SH#T I WISH IT WAS A 10’BING NUUHIWA NOSERIDER! OH WELL.

190,000 yen is $1350.-$1400.U.S. dollars.yow!!!I bet it works fine

I HAVE ACCQUIRED ONE IN PERFECT CONDITION, PROBABLY 6-8 YRS OLD 10’ LONG, > DOUBLE 10 OZ COKEBOTTLE VOLAN WITH SUPER RAKED RED FIN THAT IS PAST THE > END OF BOARD MAYBE 2". ANYBODY CARE TO DISCUSS THIS SHAPE? VALUE? IS > IT A WALL HANGER OR SHOULD I GO AHEAD AND PUT THE FIRST KNEE DENTS IN THIS > LIMITED EDITION? THE PIG DOESN’T LOOK LIKE A NOSERIDER BUT I’M TEMPTED. > NARROW 16 1/4" NOSE WITH BELLY ON THE FULL BOTTOM. INSANE GLOSSY > GLASSJOB. UGLY OUTLINE. IS THIS THE VELZY BREAKTHOUGH SHAPE THAT DEWEY > RIPPED MALIBU ON IN THE LATE 50’S? JIM? GENE? Don’t be a fool about this wall hanger mystique. Ride the board , take good care of it by keeping it out of the sun and off of the car roof. It is worth much more if it is ridden.

All this talk about pricey Takayamas! It’s ridiculous in Japan, and it’s getting pretty bad in Hawaii. Ride it & enjoy! HOT TIP: Also, there’s a very clean 10’0 Model T at Tyler’s surf shop in El-Segundo for $530. I’d by it, but my wife will leave me if I come home with another longboard. Cheers & enjoy

hey-there are two nice near new takayamas for sale at ASD/Longboard Heaven on Palm St at Mission on the Westside of Santa Cruz.One is a model t,the other a beachbreak model.I think they have a used epoxy-surftech one also.There phone # is 831-458-2151.The manager, Jeff, is one of the nicest guys I know-tell him Steiny sent ya(and no they are not my boards)

Ditto. Get a super duper board bag and ride the fucker. mike