the boardroom show 2018

so sad to not make it this year. please if anyone have videos or any links to footage, please help a starved dreamer out.
watching the founders cup pool surf off is not doing it for me. might go out in the garage and do some work insted.
have a great weekend!
nick

I hear you NIck. I was also toying with getting there and out to the SHACC but plans changed.

There’s a bunch of stuff on Facebook from it if you’re on there…

ok will check facebook, thanks

THE DEL MAR FAIRGROUNDS HAS THE MOST ABUSIVE PARKING FEES I’VE EVER ENCOUNTERED. FOURTEEN DOLLARS FOR A SINGLE CAR. WTF ! I hope a different venue is found for future surfboard related events. All that said, it was an interesting show. A highlight, for me, was seeing the Hot Curl board, made by WideAWAKE. It is a beautiful, well executed, and period correct surfboard. Barry Snyder hit it out of the park, with a first place, best of show. My 9 foot Gun was on display, at the BIRD’S SURF SHED display. Lots of praise, from the attending public. Several folks volunteered that it was their favorite board at the event. They were not aware that I was the builder of the board. My head swelled up so much, I had to be carried out to my car!

Yeah, Bill!!! so one might say it was well worth the $14 bucks. hahaha

Thanks to all of you that stopped by the booth, great to see Barry, Lee V, Gene, Bill, Jim, and the rest of the Swaylock’s crew that was there. I agree with Bill about the parking, they even charged exhibitors $14. Really liked the shaping competition with no measuring and everything by eye (Marc’s rules). Everyone had different techniques for those circumstances. Matt Calvani used a Rockwell planer which was something for those who never saw one in action before. Stu Kenson used an Accurate and was going way fast with a disk sander but with superb control. Ricky Carroll had a big Hitachi F30 going. The skill and experience of all the competitors really came out when the shapes were judged against the finished board that Marc selected, they were all very dead on. Small details were the only deciding factors. Calibrated eyeballs, wish I had those.

Yep, two years ago, $12. Last year $13. This year, I did not attend, $14. Grusome.