The Greek Stylemaster

I’m thinking of a Greek stylemaster, surftech. I know St’s are not everyones cup of tea!
I can’t decide on a 9’ or 9’6. im almost 60, about 170lbs average ability and fitness.
Any help please? Thanks

It’s a longboard, and you’re 60. Go 9’6" and you won’t regret it. Foam is your friend, easier paddling, earlier wave entry, and added stability.

Don’t know that particular board but 9 foot should be plenty adequate for a surfer with your circumstances.

I’m 62 in a few weeks, 180 lbs, and I like lots of foam, my boards vary from 7-2 to 9 foot.

This is a 9 footer…

Thanks both. The reason I’m undecided is the 9,6 is 23.5 wide and the 9ft is 24 wide. Both have a similar volume, the 9ft maybe a few litres less.
I’m thinking of the Greek because of its extra rocker. When i surf faster steeper waves i tend to nose dive a fair bit with my 9,6 walden. People who have a The Greek, say they nose dive less. Do you think the shorter board would be better in this respect?

for faster steeper waves, I would consider something with a more pulled in nose, in addition to a little extra rocker

Thanks Huck and Phebus.
So you think the smaller would be better for steeper waves, and the bigger better for all round user friendliness?
The 9ft is 72l, The 9 6 is 75l. What do you think?

Smaller board for pitcher, steeper, faster waves and bigger board for smaller, mushier, slower waves that you need more glide on. The type of wave I surfed the majority of the time would dictate which board for me.

Great, thanks for the help. Making decisions is the bane of my life!

For overhead waves that pitch out on a longer board, I’ll take of at an angle, get to my feet as fast as possible and drop diagonally, not straight down. You’ll be falling onto the inside rail and hopefully slide into the wave OK. If I’m in the lip, I just try to stay back with a wide stance, one foot near the tail, and hope I land OK. Either way, a wide stance on a tough drop works better. I often like to get to my feet well before I drop down. Feels like dropping into a skate park bowl.
If I know the waves are steeper and pitching, I’m taking out a short board between 6’ and 6’ 4" with a lot of nose rocker. Short boards seem to work much better in these kinds of drops. We’re into the time of year where the places I surf are getting bigger. I’m back to the short boards for now. Down from the 7’ to 8’ 5" boards I was riding a month ago. I just have to stay away from crowds and I’m OK. I’ll be 59 soon, but my body has been abused and I’m not as strong as I could be. I’m also short, only 5’ 6" and about 165 lbs now. I do have lot of water time, about 50 years of surfing, but I’m only out about 2 or 3 times a week now.