the new future fins?

The set with the hatchet center fin and the side fins with the bump in them has any one used them if so what do you think they do? Thaks Drew.

my friend dennis has a set…he likes 'em a lot…says they’re very responsive in climbing the wave and generating speed.

Got three sets of them 2 set with the hatchet.

Not sure what to make of them but they are the best future fins I’ve tried used including the Glass AMs. Also the weird look matches one of the boards I use them on (a Gemini)

Go to the SurferMag Design(ha) forum they’ve had alot of discussions about them and some cavitation problems.

I’ve never had anything but good rides on mine…

They run about $60/set.

I hear the white ones are no longer available…

I’ve been using those fins with a non-hatchet rear fin for about a year now. I’ve really liked them, good hold and drive. I like bigish fins in general. I spent the last week in Maui surfing much bigger and faster waves than normal, the fins started humming on me. I’m not so sure about them anymore. I recently bought the hatchet but have only used it once in crappy waves. I was unimpressed with the hatchet so far but I can’t really say anything good or bad about it yet. I expect it will loosen things up.

There are tons of threads about the Futures Vector 3/2 's. Here are two concerning the ventillation issues (in which I participated):

http://www.swaylocks.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=199875;search_string=Futures%203%2F2;guest=1649773#199875

http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=691344&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Quote:

I’ve been using those fins with a non-hatchet rear fin for about a year now. I’ve really liked them, good hold and drive. I like bigish fins in general. I spent the last week in Maui surfing much bigger and faster waves than normal, the fins started humming on me. I’m not so sure about them anymore. I recently bought the hatchet but have only used it once in crappy waves. I was unimpressed with the hatchet so far but I can’t really say anything good or bad about it yet. I expect it will loosen things up.

Where did you buy the hatchet fin?