The Sally 8... Almost from the beginning

Ach ha!
Off by a quarter pound…

A few more from the Taylor file…

2 Likes

Done enough… Paddles good and easy to duck. But the waves were to small and mushy to say how it rides…

2 Likes

Time for Sally to dance…

this thread has been an adventure, thanks for sharing the build and design process with us!

Hopefully I’ll be able to give a ride report soon…

Here’s the last few shots…
Pretty self explanatory - bottom nose belly/vee and tail contours.

Also, got a couple of fun little waves this morning: 3-4’@10"=waist to chest high. Clean, but soft.
The great thing to me…
Good projection off the bottom - made it around sections…
Very stoking!

Peace and thanks for sharing.
Glass beads con hair leaving soon!!! Hahahaha!!!

2 Likes

Remarkable board, and thread. Kudos.

God I suck. Not gonna lie – just catching up on this thread. Moved it to 2024 Build Threads. I’m speechless.

This diagram reminds me of a 9’9" board I drew (from a drawing in an old book) in college in 1966 and had planned to build. But a job in New York City after college got in the way and I never did build it. But it led to my buying a similar 9’6" Hobie in the mid-1980s. The attached picture shows the diagram, along with the Hobie, and a skeg that I had cut for it, because I didn’t like the thin original.

Island Trader Surf Shop in Stuart has the board and the skegs now.

And here are the plans I drew for the skeg, since, being a new user, I was permitted only one attachment in my first post.

1 Like

And, lastly, a picture of the original Hobie skeg (2nd from left in attached picture), along with an O’Fish’l and the two that I had cut, a Classic '60s shape and a Sharkfin.

This board kinda blows my mind…

1 Like