the shapers tree *PIC*

Yes… it`s Wayne Levin. http://starbulletin.com/98/10/26/features/story1.html

Hey, Dale, thanks for putting the “locomoco” article on! By the way, the captions are reversed and that’s Wayne with the snorkel (and “junior”). I’m gonna give him a holler! BEAUTIFUL grain, Yeah?! Thank-you for posting! T.

I know a few dozen fairly unknown hardcore shapers and glassers who have done more than 100 boards, but I only see a few on that list. I hope the site is pure and grows like a swaylock archive.

WE WENT TO THAT PIECE OF SHIT SO-CALLED “SHAPERS TREE” WEBSITE AND DIDNT EVEN SEE ONE FUCKING WORD ABOUT MR. PAUL GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DO THEY ALWAYS IGNORE THE TRUE SURFING GENIUS GURUS????????????? HMMMMM??????? ARE YOU LISDTENING BOB DRUNCAN?????? HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY TO GET YOUR NAME IN THERE???????? OR SHOULD WE SAY HOW MUCH DID YOU AND YOUR RANCH THUGS PAY TO KEEP PAUL GROSSES NAME OUT???????????? A YEAR AGO MR. PAUL GROSS WAS HERE IN SWAYLOCKS!!!!!!!!! NOW HES NOT!!! WE KNOW YOU AND YOUR RANCHLANFDER GOONS REMEMBER WHY!!!

Mongo no like fools who use dirty words. .Mongo heading back to Hollywood to see you.You no like Mongo after dat.

c&c- when you first started posting i thought you were a friend of Paul’s-after your last couple of posts, I think otherwise.In fact, I think you are one of the crew that jumped all over him in the first place and are now taking a different tact to further bash him.let it be…

I sent the guy a email and gave hime George Olsens name from here in Santa Cruz. I got an email back thinking me for the input. The guy is at least working it.

I also sent an email offering to help and got a pleasant response from Mr. Tom Takao whom I presume is doing this work.I offered to try to fill in on some East Coast Builders and he was happy to oblige.This took some hard work on his behalf and I congratulate him on the endeavor.Maybe some of you guys ought to send him a little heads up.

Good idea, I might just get onto it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I applalud the effort that went into it but they got my lineage TOTALLY WRONG!

I worked with and became a partner (goleta Surf n Wear) with Jeff White… he never taught me squat about shaping! 

Also, I shaped my 1st hand me down in 1959… was a full fledged shaper by 1970 - self taught emulating John Bradbury’s boards who I rode for and glassed a LOT of his

shaped blanks for other guys.  It got to the point that I was doing so many of them and taped pff and glassed them exactly like he would do them that he asked me if I’d just become his full time glasser.

I was honored but told him I was 17, wanted to surf, was learing how to ski and wanted to have time to chase skirts.

Although completely self taught, my biggest influences as to what a magic surfboard was came from Bradbury & Hynson… I rode both and incorporated their stuff into mine.

Here’a pic from 1972… courtesy Steve Bissell. It was at this time I revived the all but dead "Owl Surfboard line before handing it off to Andreini when I left SnW eventually landing at O’neill’s in 1980.