tinted deck & bottom

my next project to tackle is doing a board with a tinted deck and bottom. here’s what i am going with so far: lay out tape on deck for a cutline, lam bottom, cut. next, the part i am not sure about. do i lay out tape on the bottom for a cutline? and what is the best way to cut so that i won’t ruin the bottom layer? single edge razor, knife??

my next project to tackle is doing a board with a tinted deck and bottom. > here’s what i am going with so far: lay out tape on deck for a cutline, > lam bottom, cut. next, the part i am not sure about. do i lay out tape on > the bottom for a cutline? and what is the best way to cut so that i won’t > ruin the bottom layer? single edge razor, knife?? Tape bottom as normal,if you are doing say a 2 inch lap leave enough glass to overlap the tape line so you can get a good bond to the tape…when the resin gets stiff fold the tape and glass back to the line.Bend a razor blade and cut sideways thru the glass so you dont score the bottom lam.On the nose and tail you will have to cut downwards very carefully.The main thing is to not cut into the bottom layer as it could split later on.Don’t press the secondary inside tape line to hard cause it will stick to the bottom lam and is a pain to lift up. R. Brucker