Tips on glassing fish tips

So I just bought this old fish a few minutes ago for seventy bucks. It’s got a little delam on the deck, from duckdiving i guess, but I don’t really care about that. There is some damage on the tips of the tail where it’s been knocked around and propped up on or whatever, and I was wondering what is the best way to cut the cloth to fix this kind of ding. I won’t have to build up missing foam or anything, I just need to put cloth over it I guess. Also, does delam spread? It doesn’t seem to be bad at all, but since I’m not really going to care about this board, if I should go ahead and strip off the glass and put some new down, I’ll do that. It’s not really a concern of mine at this point, but what do you guys think?

I’ve fixed delams by drilling a small hole or two and injecting resin underneath using a cheap plastic dental syringe, available at most pharmacies. Weight on top until it sets…I did this with a Weber Performer and it’s been rock solid for 10 years now. Someone else will probably suggest cutting it out…

Oh alright, thanks. But how about glassing the point on the tails? I did a search and all, but I didn’t really find anything on the best way to cut the cloth.

You can lay up 6" square of cloth, flipping them under after saturation, just like the lam process, and use little 1.5" squares of cloth to fill…or…

you can flip the board upside down, tape the tail, fill the cavity with resin and chopped cloth mix…with catalyst too…

chopped cloth is the easiest way to go, you can put cloth over it afterwards if you want, but i have always just sanded it smooth and did a final hotcoat over it. youll probably do a few ding repairs on that area unless you completely baby the baord.