to the surf mat riders ....

[quote="$1"]

Hi Ben -

<snip>

When I've had a camera with me, a one hand hold on the bungie (camera in the other) has saved my bacon...."   <snip>

[/quote]

....hi John !

I just revisited this old thread  [matt has a surfmat now , thanks to his lady !] , and came across this pre go-pro days comment , and I was wondering .....

do you still have any of the resulting photos , please ?

cheers !

ben

Hi Ben -  I don't have any 'in-the-tube' shots if that's what you're after.  I'm a real kook at photography so I'm afraid these will have to do. 

.....nice !

wow !

first shot =  mike p??  

THE " MIKE P " ???

thanks John ! 

?taken with a kodak disposable camera , or a vivitar waterproof  ?

fun fun fun

and it looks C O L D    , too ...

cheers !

ben

Yes - Mike P. himself.  I hope he doesn't mind.  He's a really good surfer but the photo doesn't show it.

I don't remember the water being as cold as the wetsuits may indicate.  I think I might have been using a Canon 35mm film camera in a EWA waterproof bag on some of the shots.  Digital photography/video equipment has come a long way in a short period of time.  Some of the 'Go-Pro' stuff I've seen looks very professional.

okay…

…eight years down the track from my original post , Simon generously bought me a krypt mat for my 54th birthday [3rd january]

yewwww !

…to be continued…

I can take this in a backpack to the beach with me , on public transport.

And , it being summer , 'if ’ for some reason I get to the beach ‘late’, and the flags are up , the good news is …I can ride it , between the flags !

so… early grommethood revisited , here I COME [again] !!

"IF " I get proficient / confident enough , I ‘may’ also take the trusty go pro 1 along , for the ride !

yeeehaaaawwwww !

stoked !

of course , if anyone has photos to contribute to this thread of surf mats being surfed , go for it !!

cheers !

ben

Happy B-Day, Ben!  Mike

thanks  Mike !

greenough has a fair few years on me eh ?

[  and light years more talent !]

… shots of my brother , on HIS , recently !

cheers

ben

photo 00_zps4a80c441.jpg

photo 2_zps16ccd63a.jpg

photo 0_zpsbf16aa7a.jpg

photo 5_zps70d7182e.jpg

photo 4_zpsadde2b16.jpg

photo 3_zpsc8a910c9.jpg

photo 8_zps7fb39778.jpg

[ I also got footage ]