Tonight! Tsunami Benefit Showing of Sprout in Santa Cruz

Hey Tonight’s the night! Come on down- the raffle and auction are huge, the movie great, and the cause important. See you there!

Santa Cruz Surf Community Tsunami Benefit

Concerned members of the Santa Cruz surfing community will be hosting a benefit showing of

Thomas Campbell’s recent surf movie “Sprout” on Thursday, February 3, 7:30pm at The Rio Theater 1207 Soquel Ave.(at Seabright) Santa Cruz. Doors open at 7pm

Much of Sprout was filmed in the hard hit areas of Sumatra and Sri Lanka. Also featured will be recent footage of tsunami damage to the islands near Sumatra. All funds raised will be split between Doctor’s Without Borders and a project that is using surf exploration boats to bring direct material aid to remote areas that were heavily damaged. There will also be a HUGE raffle and a surfboard and art auction. The auction will include 10 new surfboards. The raffle will include wetsuits, clothes, yoga classes, jujitsu classes, watches, surf helmets, snowboard helmets, art, surf gear, surf lessons and much much more. Please join us in helping to raise money and express our concern for the survivors of this tragedy. Plus you will have a good time, and maybe go home with a bunch of shwag or a new board. Tickets are $10 and are available at the door. Raffle tickets will be $1 each-available at the show.

For more information or to donate- please email Jonathan Steinberg: sockmonkey@cruzio.com

To learn more about Sprout go to

www.trimyourlifeaway.com

THe movie is pretty good everybody that lives in the Santa Cruz area come and watch this movie its excellent and interesting there’s a lot of longboarding in it also.

Stieny was great ~ So was the raffle and the auction. Sprout was great fun.

Who was the guy on that tiny blue fish. That thing was a bullet!

I think the fund raiser did pretty well. It sure was great to be a part of it. Man were there some sweet boards auctioned off!

Mahalo, Rich

Quote:

Thanks Rich- What a fun night- i hope the raffle and auction weren’t too long, i didn’t want to turn away any donors. We raised almost $12,000(net!) for our charities.

I’m really proud of our community and it’s response to the tsunami. People are good. I can be pretty pessimistic about human nature but this sort of thing really cheers me up. Rich- Please introduce yourself to me, I’m not sure who you are. Off to sleep- good night all. Enjoy every sandwich - life is short