Tough decisions...

Puffy’s threads have been archived due to their historical references – but generally they just aren’t relevant here. This forum is about designing and making surfboards. I want to have a situation where all people feel free to talk about anything related to surfing - but this is going to have to wait until I add new categories to the discussion forum. And that is something I’m currently open to debate about. Personally I’m torn. Enjoy. Mike

Mike I run Yahoo Group for a water sport and the issue of unrelated subjects has come up several times. Debated to death!! In the end this is your group (you pay for, you run it and you mantain it) and you decide what you want the group to be. If the tread is not forum related, just erase it. There are many other forums available for folks to post there opinions. Ex: alt.surfing If a forum gets to deluded with non-surfboard related stuff then it is no longer the forum it was intended to be. Mike don’t be torn, a forum will not please everybody. Anthony>>> Puffy’s threads have been archived due to their historical references – > but generally they just aren’t relevant here. This forum is about > designing and making surfboards.>>> I want to have a situation where all people feel free to talk about > anything related to surfing - but this is going to have to wait until I > add new categories to the discussion forum. And that is something I’m > currently open to debate about. Personally I’m torn.>>> Enjoy. Mike http://www.viser.net/~anthwind/

This forum is about > designing and making surfboards.>>> I want to have a situation where all people feel free to talk about > anything related to surfing - but this is going to have to wait until I > add new categories to the discussion forum. And that is something I’m > currently open to debate about. Personally I’m torn.>>> Enjoy. Mike Speaking as one of, if not heh heh the worst, offenders, I think it’s not only good but necessary to have discussion about the things which motivate design and construction. Hand in hand, yeah? Another catagory would, I guess, split it off directly so those who are or are not so inclined can go look in either or both - up to them. But despite the thanks you get it’s still a thankless task, and I wouldn’t want to see you doubling your workload to do it. The digressions are a lot of laughs, but the primary higher value even to me is the technical exchange. I’ll stick a cork in it now. Nels

This forum is about>>> Speaking as one of, if not heh heh the worst, offenders, I think it’s not > only good but necessary to have discussion about the things which motivate > design and construction. Hand in hand, yeah? Another catagory would, I > guess, split it off directly so those who are or are not so inclined can > go look in either or both - up to them.>>> But despite the thanks you get it’s still a thankless task, and I wouldn’t > want to see you doubling your workload to do it. The digressions are a lot > of laughs, but the primary higher value even to me is the technical > exchange. I’ll stick a cork in it now.>>> Nels Mike, Nels hits it square on the nail… the flow (no not talking hydrodynamics now) of Swaylock’s incompasses technique, sociology, human interaction, humor, design, all in locamotive format. A person can choose to ride that rail or jump and observe from the roundhouse. The eb and flow of this site uncluttered by the sign post is unmatched. The answers people are looking for here shows up in all forms. ok im done… reading to much Mark Twain … cfp

Mike,>>> Nels hits it square on the nail… the flow (no not talking hydrodynamics > now) of Swaylock’s incompasses technique, sociology, human interaction, > humor, design, all in locamotive format. A person can choose to ride that > rail or jump and observe from the roundhouse. The eb and flow of this site > uncluttered by the sign post is unmatched. The answers people are looking > for here shows up in all forms. ok im done… reading to much Mark Twain > …>>> cfp chris i wondered where the line fell in Twain (daddy of stage names) “…shows up in all forms”… that’s one for the future posting ! johnny