Tricks for glassing EPS

Hello Swaylocks

I’m a “newbie” to the forum, so I am sure this has been discussed before. Humor me.

What are some “rule of thumb” techniques to glassing EPS so that they do not gas out/delam? ie… methods, materials, vent plugs, etc…

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

First off, welcome to Sway’s. The information you seek has been discussed here at length with varying opinions. I would suggest to do several searches in the archives and you’ll find what you’re looking for.

If you are talking eps w/epoxy and glass.

eps<“2#” may = problems.

eps=“2#” + = No problems.

You may want to think about spackle…

I did a video available through surfingvideos.com of from foam ez. You could look at those. Are you connected to White Hot?

Guess I should have read the forum rules. I will check the archives. Thanks for the welcome and the tip!

Along with all I have learned from just reading posts, I look forward to learning more from the many masters and backyarders that share their knowledge on Sways. Thanks.

Yes. My name is Daron Story. I am the sales rep for White Hot Foam for the past 10 months. It’s a great company, dedicated to their employees and to the quality of their product. The foam business is quite “interesting” to say the least, but with a backround in music for the past 15 years, I am used to financial ups and downs, and crazy people. Been surfing for about 22 years, and as with hand made guitars, design and materials that go into surfboards fascinates me. I am really stoked to be a part of the industry, as I get to meet creative people, and travel my beloved Cali coastline to talk shop and surf.

I have been in contact with Brad @ Foam EZ. I will hit him up for your video. Thanks Greg!