Trying to understand fiber glass cloth

Hello everyone,

I am doing a composites course and as part of the coursework I needed to pick a composite product and reverse engineer it, I stupidly thought surfboard would be an easy one. When I started I realized I might be in trouble, hours of googling has gotten me answers for most of my questions except fiberglass, I would be so very grateful if someone could help me with the below question:

1. Is fiberglass cloth just made using strands of glass fiber or is there resin in it? 

2. Is the type of fiber glass used for glassing +45/-45? is this referred to as woven fiber glass? Or does woven just mean alternating directions and could also be used for 0,90?

3. Why is woven fiber glass better suited for glassing? I have gathered it has something to do with shear stress but I dont quite understand it, if someone could explain it in simple language that would really help

Im aware some of my questions might sound really dumb but no shame in learning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiberglass

The first 2 you can preview and then buy. The 3rd one you can download.

Handbook of Composites - George Lubin

Handbook of Composites - S.T. Peters

Department of Defense - Composite Materials Handbook

If you go on a website like Foamez or Greenlight Surf Supply, you can shop for DIY / BYOB surfboard making kits and their related building guides.

The content of a kit is a  bill of materials for a board.

Then research the individual items including the cloth.

Surfboards typically do not use  resin pre-impregnated cloths, stitched biaxials, or chopped strand matt with resin binders.