Twinfin sugestions

I’m shaping a twinfin old style fish. Any sugestions, please??? Can anyone help me with the fin configuration? What distance from de tail?, etc… I’m from Galicia, in Spain, and here we haven’t any old style twin fish to know where to place the fins. I’m sorry because my english isn’t very good. Thanks for all guys. Coque.

there’s TONS of stuff in the archives, and while i’m no fish expert, i do remember people saying: keep the deck linear, the bottom flat, hard rails in tail to a 1/8 to 1/4 tucked edge all the way around, about a 7" deep swallow tail, put the fins up 7-9", nose rocker about 3.5", tail rocker about 1-2", and dimensions in the vicinity of n=16.5, w=21.5, t=16.5, widepoint about 3" up from center, and thick. that’s just a rough idea of where to start, but it should give you something to work with. good luck. -steve>>> I’m shaping a twinfin old style fish. Any sugestions, please???>>> Can anyone help me with the fin configuration?>>> What distance from de tail?, etc…>>> I’m from Galicia, in Spain, and here we haven’t any old style twin fish to > know where to place the fins.>>> I’m sorry because my english isn’t very good.>>> Thanks for all guys.>>> Coque.

Yes there are tons of stuff in the archives. I just went through all this with Herb and Magic Man. They gave me some killer info. I am picking up my eps blank tomorrow. I’m so stoaked. I’m doing a 6’ (bottom length) 17" nose 21" width (two inches up from true center) and a 16 5/8" tail. The swallow tail will be 6" deep. The rails will be soft until about 18" from the end of the board, then they will have a hard bottom edge. I am glassing on some (modern template) twin fins about 5" to 5 1/2" from the end of the board and about an inch in from the rail edge @ 3 to 4 degrees and towed in toward the stinger 1/8". The bottom will be flat with very low rocker (I have not made up my mind yet). Probably 2 1/2" to 3" nose rocker with 1/2" to 3/4" tail rocker. It is going to be 2 3/4" thick, it should float super good because of the eps foam. I can’t wait to get dusty. Good Luck.

I’m shaping a twinfin old style fish. Any sugestions, please???>>> Can anyone help me with the fin configuration?>>> What distance from de tail?, etc…>>> I’m from Galicia, in Spain, and here we haven’t any old style twin fish to > know where to place the fins.>>> I’m sorry because my english isn’t very good.>>> Thanks for all guys.>>> Coque. Hi Coque, Might be over in your region in few weeks to test fly the fish Steve Brom made me. Rodilles is my favorit wave in Spain, maybe you can check it out. Mail me the Email adres got some nice foto’s from different stages of the board while being made. The board is 6.3 20 wide with a 17 tail and its very fast and skaty, looks very beautiful to. Might wanna check his site www.surfenginez.com out. Good luck. Peter Rijk.

Thanks for your sugestions guys. Peter, are you going o come to Spain?, cool. I’ve got some friends from Asturias that surf often in Rodiles. I’ll be nice to see your SB fish!!! I’ll email you. For the rest of the guys in the forum: Spain is a country with good waves and with areas where you can still catch good waves alone… If anyone of you want some information, just email me: . Coque.