Twinzer For California

I live in the heights overlooking Waikiki. South side has been flat to waist high this past week. Hopefully there will be a bump when you come here. If things work out, I’d love to go surfing with you.

Ok, I’ll watch the forecast. If there’s any swell, I’ll bring my boards over. I pm’ed Bud also. Would be nice to surf w some of you (your brother, too).

“A little thick and gunny for average Calif. conditions I would say.  But having lived and shaped in HI for a few years, I understand the tendency to continue along those lines when one has left the 808.”

This is what customer ordered , its based on what he rides daily in Calif.

" I like Twinzers, but like them even better with option of a Fifth fin."

None of my designs need the “band aid " fin :slight_smile:

“A 7 year old thread that nobody replied to gets resurrected and now has multiple replies? Weird. Nice looking board!”

Yes , interesting , I just stopped by and saw this .

This board is 10 years old .

Your right;  it’s an eight year old thread that doesn’t deserve the comment.  And you can shape anything you want;  I don’t know why your boards have never caught on with the masses.  My comments are opinions and preferences.  Nothing more.  I have paid you a few compliments in the past, but your skin has always been so thin that I should have learned by now not to comment on anything that comes up on Sways that involves the Griffin.  When people resurface old threads, I often take the hook without realizing that it’s an old thread.  I’m still using templates that are easily ten years old.  Maybe my opinions ten years ago would have been too tough on your ego.  Maybe that’s why I didn’t comment then.  You’ve got a great following here on Sways.  Obviously they miss you as this is the second old thread I have seen resurface lately.    Bask in the adoration.  Lowel

Seek help now

Good bye Swaylocks 

Greg, it was good to see you post again. Hope you are enjoying the East Coast.

Not sure why this thread was resurrected, but I wholeheartedly agree with the 5th fin hate. A twinzer isn’t a twinzer if you have to have a center fin. Jobson talks about why this design is different than a thruster in his tsj interview. Why try to turn it back into a thruster? 

By adding a rearward center fin, you’re shifting the pivot point of the fin cluster back, at the expense of speed. Why not just move the mains/canards back and keep the speed?

Twinzers are not twins and definitely not twin/trailers. 

Personally I think it’s worth a little criticism to get your ideas out there.   No need to take your toys and go home. Don’t take someone’s comment about a surfboard so personal.  A lot of people around Sways like to hear your ideas, theories etc.  You are a hero to many around here and you are missed.  You have “cult” status at Sways.  So— Good Shepard;  Feed the sheep.