Twinzer's and Pro Box

Hey Guy’s … and Yooo Larry if your there !!!

Just marking out some Probox postions for a Jobson Twinzer set up and damn it’s tight … I’ve done a search for this but nothing there.

Anyone have some techo tips / recommendation ??? Perhaps an otherwise headed thread that covers the topic ???

Anything guy’zzzzzzz !!! Please !!!

can provide pic’s etc but would rather get the facts straight up from someone whooooooooooose dun it !!!

Have to complete ASAP

If all fails and there’s nothing here I’ll bug the guy’s at PB

Thanx in advance

W

either trim the outside of the jigs so they fit closer together, or install the main fins first, sand, then install the front fins. Both should work fine.

look for this thread:

sneak peak at Mike Hynson black night

Has a good shot of Larry’s cut jig setup - apparently those boards can go from quad to twinzer mode with the probox system.

’ ’

plea’se help 'stop random apo’strophe abu’se.

For the kids.

Thanks.

Keith and Fredman

Many thanks for suggestions but thats not what is causing the heartburn

My post should have been a bit more descriptive but I figure anyone whose attempted it would have known straight away.

I’ve attached some pic’s for review, ( a thousand words as they say)

As you’ll see box’s just butting against each other which creates the question of strenght between them.

The bad guy here is the canard, (pic provided). They don’t have wide bases at all. Subsequently you have to move the box’s further back towards the main fin box to achieve the required 1/4" overlap… hmmmm

There’s some obvious solutions here but I want to stick as close as I to the Jobson spec’s I can

Anyway see what you think … Larry you might be able to suggest something.

Take care guys

W

Ahh!! pictures. should have mentioned you were using fcs in the probox.

Take a look at the canards on this page (bottum middle):

http://www.proboxhawaii.com/pages/fins/fins_page7.html

Obviously they’re from probox, but notice how the fin is set way back on the tab - could solve your problem. If you don’t like the template, I think Larry can make you whatever you want. Chances are he has the template you want on file.

I only know this because Larry’s setting me up with some twinzers for a board I’m making.

I know this set up is a bit extravagant but heres a few pics

Larry set up the cunards and they are behind the mounting tabs

heres the trimmed jigs

Quote:

Keith and Fredman

Many thanks for suggestions but thats not what is causing the heartburn

My post should have been a bit more descriptive but I figure anyone whose attempted it would have known straight away.

I’ve attached some pic’s for review, ( a thousand words as they say)

As you’ll see box’s just butting against each other which creates the question of strenght between them.

The bad guy here is the canard, (pic provided). They don’t have wide bases at all. Subsequently you have to move the box’s further back towards the main fin box to achieve the required 1/4" overlap… hmmmm

There’s some obvious solutions here but I want to stick as close as I to the Jobson spec’s I can

Anyway see what you think … Larry you might be able to suggest something.

Take care guys

W

Hi foamhead, Your question was the same question asked of me two years ago from the owner of this KG Board who also was the Manager at Jack’s Surf in Huntington Beach. This was the board that started me on my retro mission to find answers and alittle over 100 boards 2 years later, I can tell you that 2 problems will arise from your marking and the FCS Fins in your pics.

1. The placement will not allow at any time to put this board into a Quad set-up, because the fins will be to close of a clutter causing the board to be stiff.

2. The small FCS fins you have are really side bites not conard fins because you will not be able to ever get the proper cant which is another important factor for your Twinzer choice to work properly.

The fins you have of FCS will just give you a backward Quad and your board will be double stiff. Which was the complaint the owner of this KG Board made.

Mahalo,Larry

www.ProBoxfinsystems .com

Hey guy’s (Fredman, Kensurf & Larry)

Many thanx for response I’m glad I posted this thread, i can see plenty coming out of this.

Kensurf that board looks ready to rock … need a ride report

Larry, I’ve delayed completion time on this board, lets take it in baby steps so we get it right

Your first point effectively states the layout I’ve used will confine the board to being a twinzer only and no possibilty for Quad set up … mate this is all new to me, how does this work, is it possible ???

Your second point makes total sense. I suppose if it looks like a side bite, and works like a side bite it must be a side bit !!

No one wants a twinzer thats overly skatey and driveless but to stiff is a no - no

Don’t forget Larry baby steps :wink:

W

foamhead, In thinking about your set-up I think we can get the best of both worlds. Using your FCS fins and Probox in the proper placement to work. Set the boxes 3/4" apart like the pic below. Then make or order just the canard fins with the proper tab placement which is also easy to see in the pic below, like Fredman was stating.This will allow you to move the canard fins back into the leading edge of the rear fins. But make sure the canard fins have a cant of 10 degrees in the base, which will give you 10,14,16,and 18 cant degree options to dial in the canard fin set-up with the bottom contour of the board. And use your rear FCS fins which I believe are the KG style 5 1/4" fins. Now you have a functional Twinzer and Quad board using both FCS and Probox fins.

Mahalo,Larry

www.ProBoxfinsystems.com

foamhead, Funny thing about this board the rear fin is the same template has your FCS fin, LOL Here’s a side view of the same board.

Mahalo,Larry

Well, Well, Well … look at what we’ve come up with here.

Makes me feel like a 14 year old school boy flicking thru his first playboy magazine … I like very mooooocho

We don’t have many options over here for creating Twinzer variables. Futures are the only ones with a canard arrangement and going that way you have to buy into there whole set up … not really might cup of tea.

And that leaves FCS - LM-T’s which are a damn fine fin but both Futures and FCS still only have the static box which restricts the joys of playing around and experimenting with the toys

I’m definitly going to order the canards from you … that might even enhance the LM-T main fin performance… what do think ???

Just on the LM-T main fin, do you think the FCS tabs suffice considering the increased surface area of a larger fin. I’m not convinced its enough to control the flex through the spin of the fin, just a thought !!! could make your main fin a better option for this set up.

And just in closing Larry have you had any ride reports on your set up … be good to hear some user feedback

Many many thanx

W