UNI-Posca are oil based....

does this mean they are able to draw on the top of a finished board without a clear coat over top the pen? thanks nick

Nick: If you want it to last a while plan on spraying a clear coat of Krylon clear or some other protective layer. Oil based paint pens will stick well but they won’t withstand in and out of a bag and constant exposure to sun, wax and daily wear. Just MHO. Tom S.>>> does this mean they are able to draw on the top of a finished board > without a clear coat over top the pen? thanks>>> nick

Then can I spray an acrylic spray over the oil based pens do you think? or would it be an enamel? thanks nick>>> Nick:>>> If you want it to last a while plan on spraying a clear coat of Krylon > clear or some other protective layer. Oil based paint pens will stick well > but they won’t withstand in and out of a bag and constant exposure to sun, > wax and daily wear. Just MHO.>>> Tom S.

Nick: Definitely test your materials. I don’t do much on the glass type painting but those that I’ve done on top of the hotcoat got a clear coat of Krylon acrylic spray, multiple coats in fact and the art lasted for quite a while. Test first to see if your pens are stable with your clear spray. Tom S.>>> Then can I spray an acrylic spray over the oil based pens do you think? or > would it be an enamel? thanks>>> nick

i’ve drawn on the top of glass with those pens and find even with multiple coats of acrylic spray they eventually melt and smear. ends up looking pretty grunge.