UPGRADING MY SHAPING / GLASSING BAY.

Appreciative I’d be of suggests on this one. I’ll be resuming my board making at home but now require a very much better setup. A room within a 5m square garage it will be , roughly only about 3m x 2.5m in which I will do the whole process shaping , lam / glossing , sanding to completion. Therefor my big issue here is health. Fume and dust extraction. Today I visit retailers of Planers and Sanders that have good dust extraction attachments , and SafteyQuip for a good full face Respirator mask with hood. Probably what I will need to somehow setup given that this will be a room within an enclosed room - our 5m square garage, is to somehow extract the foam and resin dust into a box outside my board making room. All sounds iffy I guess but where I am and will stay I have no other option as I see it. …Thoughts ?

Hello SB68-
2.5 x 3m is smallish for a bay. 9 foot longboards would be difficult to manage
If you are wearing a full-face respirator, would you really need dust collection…or do you just clean up between stages?
I like having a small cyclone ‘Dust Deputy’ between the tool and the Shop Vac with a HEPA filter.
BTW, are you in South Africa?

My first “shaperoom” 3m x 2m. Then i go in a smaller one! 3m x 1m. Know it’s 4m x 3m so much Space i build in a hot box and Hotwire cutter lol. Make arround 150 boards and many more lam in those places.
Your are right main problem is health. First is ventilation, need a system that change all air at least 20x each hour, then you must use a vaccum system on planer and sander, most orbital sanders can be connected to vaccum cleaner.