UV Resin

I have heard some negative feedback on the process for curing UV resin. You guys have talked about the laps not curing etc.When you lam the bottom and tuck the lap don’t you just let the sunlight hit it for ten minutes, then turn it over and let it sit there for ten minutes before you lay the deck clothes un it? That way the laps cure also, maybe not at the same time as the flats, but… The advantage of the resin is: it’s clearer, it cures fast and there is less waste. Correct?

Hey Steve: For my needs the big benefits would be the fast cure and removal of the the variables of the temperature of my glassing bay. I have extreme hot to cold to deal with. Particularly with 80 degree plus lams you get some unpredictable gel times. Supposed to be lower on fumes too. Haven’t made the switch yet but will start this weekend with some changes in floorplan layout, weld some adjustable racks and make changes to electrical. Going uptown with an AC unit! Tom>>> I have heard some negative feedback on the process for curing UV resin. > You guys have talked about the laps not curing etc.When you lam the bottom > and tuck the lap don’t you just let the sunlight hit it for ten minutes, > then turn it over and let it sit there for ten minutes before you lay the > deck clothes un it?>>> That way the laps cure also, maybe not at the same time as the flats, > but…>>> The advantage of the resin is: it’s clearer, it cures fast and there is > less waste. Correct?

Hey Steve:>>> For my needs the big benefits would be the fast cure and removal of the > the variables of the temperature of my glassing bay. I have extreme hot to > cold to deal with. Particularly with 80 degree plus lams you get some > unpredictable gel times. Supposed to be lower on fumes too. Haven’t made > the switch yet but will start this weekend with some changes in floorplan > layout, weld some adjustable racks and make changes to electrical. Going > uptown with an AC unit!>>> Tom Tom do you weld all your own stands? I am looking for an adjustable lam stand that can be kicked up high to tuck the laps without too much back pain. That rack on JC’s Galssing 101 is great. I’d like to buy a stand or two from you Tom

Nope, I just use a simple design like the one sold at FoamEz.Com I suppose you’ve seen the lam stand the Australian site sells? Looks to be a type of cammed job with a foot lift. Looks kind of lightweight though. Shouldn’t be too hard to build a heavier one with some details of how it works. Tom.>>> Tom do you weld all your own stands? I am looking for an adjustable lam > stand that can be kicked up high to tuck the laps without too much back > pain.>>> That rack on JC’s Galssing 101 is great. I’d like to buy a stand or two > from you Tom