Vintage 70's gunny "BING" Maybe???

Definitely looks like a modified Rick logo. I also agree on the fin being a Brewer, and the tail having some kind of repair.

Mystery solved through photoshop:

The logo definitely says “Rick.” Just added a little contrast and flipped it 180 degrees so you can read it!

surfthis…Nice work.

Here’s a few variations on the Rick logo, from a Feb 1964 ad.

What about the fin? What would be a good replacement? Or since it’s got a bend in it ,could it be sanded down on one side to even it out?

The fin you got with that board doesn’t necessarily belong on that particular shape. It was probably purchased by a previous owner because they thought it would work. You can put damn near any fin you want on that. That’s the whole point of having a removable fin system. I suggest a 9" fin that’s thin and flexy.

Thanks Sam.And where would I go about finding one.I’d prefer a used one so i don’t spend more on the fin than the board.

9" thin …Upright or raked? Got any links?

By the way,thanks to Bing and everyone else that helped me out here.I’ll post pics when I get it cleaned up this afternoon.

Try a surf shop, maybe?

Is this a good fin for my board?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Surfboard-Fin-Blue-9-Longboard-Rake-Translucent_W0QQitemZ370300095412QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item56379b0bb4

Yes, the colors will match.

If you don’t mind grossly overpaying…it’s a good one.

Believe that fin was selling for $14 or so at Fiberglass Supply.

Check out True Ames or Rainbow Fin Co. and put a real fin on that board…it will thank you for it.

went to both sites and couln’t find singlefin fins.You guys got links?

Ekim, I said you scored earlier, but if you can't find fins on the True Ames site, then maybe I spoke too soon.  Tell you what. I live in Portland. PM me, and I'll give $60.00 for it, so you won't have to put anymore into it.

If you don't want to do that, you might try clicking on the little text  that says "click here for online store" on the True Ames site. Sheesh. Kids.

Mike

I hear ya, Cosmo.

Well I didn’t say “all” just both. Still no luck with Fiberglass suply and the rainbow but I’ll check out the true ames site tonight. Thanks Cosmo.

OK that’s more like it. How about this one.

http://www.trueames.com/surf_select.php?surf_products_id=18&surf_categories_id=3&surf_subcategories_id=

I know nothing about single fins so help me out guys. I’m going to be surfing this board on overhead waves only.

Putting a red fin on a blue/green board has been known to induce weird electrodynamic phenomenons that greatly affect the boundary layer. This, in turn, produces drag.

nice fin ,I have one just like it.

How bout this one?