Vintage Gordon Smith ?????????????

I have the original factory invoice for that board.

Invoice # 00273 May 29, 1967 to Keller’s Surf Shop in Lavallette, NJ

#9963 10’2 3 r/ws clear

email me (bill@balsabill.com) your address and I’ll send you a copy. Don’t pm me. I hardly ever look at those.

Fun reading through this chain and all the history your guys have.  Im looking for a little history of my own for a board I acquired.  Trying to date this 6’ 2"  board shapped by Steve Seebold.  Any opinions or info would be great to get!

I have a vintage Gordon & Smith 9-6 longboard. Serial number is 6454+. Can anybody tell me what that designation means? 

Can anybody help me id a Gordon & Smith longboard with serial numbers 6454+?

Hello G&S locals,

I’m looking at early era Gordon Smith with number 1964+ on it.  What really dropped my jaw was that it has dual concaves shaped on the deck at the nose and on the underside at the nose.

• Anyone have an idea who conceived the designs of using concaves at such an early point in the early 60's?  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s95by9eywxm73h6/AACnKc1RkkVdXFM2xQtohaCma

Chippy Tim

Yup a thousand words Pictures PLEASE…

Those aren’t shaped concaves. The foam is sunken in.

I see that a lot on boards from this era.

As BalsaBill said, that’s shrunken foam. Most likely from being left in the Sun for years. I see that on many old boards that were neglected and left outdoors for a long time

It is awesome that you worked there and that there is an explanation of the serial numbers. Just found this garage sale find, it is super clean. Any idea on year and value?

Sorry to resurect an ancient thread - actually somebody else did - but can anybody go into more detail/examples of a resin tint fade? I’m guessing it’s on purpose. When I do a search the results come up with unintentional fading of their tint. Thanks.

Sorry to resurect an ancient thread - actually somebody else did - but can anybody go into more detail/examples of a resin tint fade? I’m guessing it’s on purpose. When I do a search the results come up with unintentional fading of their tint. Thanks.