Voice of the Atom

Anybody know how to get a copy of Tom Blake’s “The Voice of the Atom”?

I’ve found plenty of refreences to it online, but not the actual text.

Thanks for any pointers.

Here is link to a good online used book search… based in UK, searches worldwide.

http://www.usedbooksearch.co.uk/

Tom Blake’s “The Voice of the Atom” is not a book but a short essay. It was offered in Surfer Mag years ago. But I couldn;t get it either. Anyone else know where can get a copy?

is it included in the BLAKE BOOK.?..ambrose …Ill check tonite its next to the throne

TSJ
Vol 8 #3
Pg. 11

That’s it!

Any comments on Blake’s thoughts?

Mahalo!

Hi Paul, That page is hard to read, could you turn it up a bit maybe to make it legible? Tom is a great guy it would be nice to read some of his writing. Thanks, Emma.

Seems the download size won’t allow a bigger picture…

Maybe someone with a scanner or other means, might do it better…

Ooops. Nope.

The Surfer’s Journal, Vol. 8 No. 3 (July 1999), Tom Blake article is “The Voice of the Wave”. Auwe. I’m looking for his 1969 essay, “The Voice of the Atom.” I Emailed Tom Stone (Pohaku), who teaches history of ancient Hawaiian atheletics at Kapiolani Community College, to see if he knows where to find it.

Thanks, all.

READY>>>Tom :Blake the uncomon journey of a pioneer waterman…published by the Croul family Foundation Corona del Mar california…these guys did a limited edition of 2700

…Email… www,tomblakebiography.com…I got#2138 about 8 months ago it was about 80 some odd bucks… if you are in the neighboorhood stop by for a read…a cherished part of the stack ambrose… an interesting insight into the blake mystique"voice" chapter 23 pages213 to 221 out there…

So, Ambrose? Are Tom Blake’s two “Voice” essays in Lynch’s “Uncommon Journey” biog? I just ordered it from Croul Foundation last week, should arrive few days, weeks.

Emailed Gary Lynch, and got one quick reply. He says Spencer Croul, at Surfer’s Heritage Foundation, is custodian of Tom Blake material. So, I wrote him about getting copies of both Blake “Voice of…” essays.

Seriously, I will be in your neighborhood. You stay Kauai, Hanalei side, yeah? Coming over next week (11/17-23). Friend of mine is new Kahu at Waioli Hui’ia Church. I’m starting to get serious about studying “Hawaii Local” as the “ethnic” context of Methodists in Honolulu. My church in Honolulu is the oldest, founded 1888 as Japanese immigrant church, now fully transitioned. I’m looking for new conceptual baseline for community-building, identity shift from post-immigrant to Hawaii Local. Can I leaf through stack Ambrose? Talk story this-and-that? Maybe you point me to some local Micronesian-style canoe builders (the sailing proa)? At least recommend a good cup o’ coffee in Hanalei Town?

Thanks. Enjoy your Swaylock’s Posts.

Waipouli is not Waioli…I am on the east side ,accross the fire station on corner of kamoa road and kuhio highway…808 822 3926 store on highway house in rear of property …coming first flight? renting car? nice big chair an reading table out in the yard… will prepare a stack of books remind me the day before you come …SOUP will be coming that day too from the mainland…ambrose…come early we will paddle

Hi, I have been looking online and can’t afford a copy of the Tom Blake book and would love to read both “Voice” essays. Has anybody please got scanned copies? 

not sure if you are still looking, but this is slightly better quality.

He was the best dressed man livin’ in a van.