Volan Glass Question

I’m about to do my first Volan lam.  One layer on the bottom, two on the deck.  I usually cut the layer next to the foam short, just below the rail apex.  The outer layer is cut about 3/4 inch below.  This keeps me from having to sand a 2-layer thick lap.  Pretty standard.  

My question is about the two deck layers of Volan.  If I cut the layer against the foam short won’t the green color be off?  Should I cut both deck layers the same length along the rail and plan to sand a bit more?  WIll this affect the lap color?

All the best, Greg

Cut the full deck patch at the apex then lap the top layer.  The change of color isn’t a factor when it’s dressed like that since it’s mid rail.

Thank you, Sir.

all the best

Hello, I cut all the first layers to the bottom edge. This way the rails are always stronger. I learned this with R Collins.

Any thoughts on using a resin with optical brightness (light blue tint) and Volan glass?  I’m going to do a couple of test panels first, but just wondering if anyone has experience.

all the best

…I use that resin and do not see any problem regarding the final volan color when I make fins, for example or other work.