volan mix

hi Is possible mix volan and standard cloth on deck or change effect? and insignia logos on the blank under the cloth or always put after laminated with a patch? thanks peppe

hi Is possible mix volan and standard cloth on deck or change effect? and > insignia logos on the blank under the cloth or always put after laminated > with a patch? thanks peppe peppe, yes, you can use Volan along with regular cloth. For example, use 10oz. Volan with 6oz. regular over that.

peppe,>>> yes, you can use Volan along with regular cloth. For example, use 10oz. > Volan with 6oz. regular over that. What benefit would there be to mixing? My understandin is that ounce for ounce, volan is no stronger than s-glass mike

Maybe as a compromise. Single heavy layer of Volan for strength/weight with an overlay of 6 oz.E cloth ,which takes less resin for the fill coat. Overall a strong, extra weight glass job but using the best features of the old and new materials. Just my guess. Tom>>> What benefit would there be to mixing? My understandin is that ounce for > ounce, volan is no stronger than s-glass>>> mike

thanks…

What benefit would there be to mixing? My understandin is that ounce for > ounce, volan is no stronger than s-glass>>> mike No real performance advantage to my knowledge. Some people just like the look and the added weight. Like some people prefer canvas over polyester. Volan definitely has its own classic look and feel.