Waikiki surfers?

My daughter Mara and her chihuahua dog Dinky has moved to Waikiki for teaching job. She has her one ACE board that survived the fire a bicycle the dog, and a boyfriend sorry guys. She does not know anyone else who surfs there. So if anyone can give her some pointers on where to go and where not that would be great. If you see her on her pink bike say HI MARA…Just a dad looking out for his daughter…

If she knows how to surf, most of Waikiki is pretty safe. Just be cool and mellow and you should be OK. Queen’s is a fun break, not too far out. Pops and Threes are further out, but have really nice waves. Publics is nice, but you ride along a submerged wall of coral, and at low tide it sticks out of the water. Diamond Head Cliffs is the mellowest, but it’s not in Waikiki, so she’d have to ride her bike a little further. This time of year the south side starts shutting down, so Cliffs tends to be where a lot of people go. Every spot has a “crew” and many have different crews for different times of the day.

She can PM me if she wants more information. I’d be happy to show her around one day if our schedules work out.

Send her down to Queens.  Lots of Wahine surfers there and they are nicer than da local boys.  She’ll make a friend or two with the local girls.

Thanks I will pass this to her. She is not on SWAYLOCKS so I will get her info to you. And yes she knows how to surf…But fortunately for her she does it just for fun. And has always had a good attitude in the water. We taught her well…

I surf for fun. Try to have a lot of fun everytime I go out. I hoot and holler a lot. Try to get the vibe up. I don’t suf Waikiki much anymore, but I usually know someone in the water wherever I go. There are a lot of female surfers everywhere these days, and many aren’t very good surfers, so she may have an advantage.

I forgot to ask, is she a longboard surfer, or a shortboard surfer? Waikiki is better for longboards or groveller boards until it gets overhead.

message sent questions answered…Thanks