Walker foam?

i was wondering if anyone knew the site address for walker foam and has anyone ever shaped one of their blanks?

i was wondering if anyone knew the site address for walker foam and has > anyone ever shaped one of their blanks? …Gene Cooper is really into them,you could contact him or Bob Smith.Herb

i was wondering if anyone knew the site address for walker foam and has > anyone ever shaped one of their blanks? Walker doesn’t have a web address yet, I shape a lot of their foam, it is fast for production shaping. The glue-ups are off quite often anf the blanks have twists and bumps, more than Clark. The hardness of Walker is greater than Clarks, but the shear strength of Walkers is much weaker than the Clark foam. The factor of twists and bumps, in my opinion makes it a bigger challenge for the begining/inexperienced shaper. First board, use Clark.

310 5131940 shape one and see how you like it. ride it and see how you like that. there’s nothing like doing your own research to form your own impression about any product. i agree with jim’s observations although i know nothing about the shear strength. walker is worth checking into.

Austin: I’ve never used Walker blanks and the responses you’ve gotten already are from some surfboard builders whose views I respect very much. These guys know what they are talking about. I have a one page Walker price list and info sheet that was faxed out on an inquiry I made back in April. It may be dated info but here it is. Tom S.>>> i was wondering if anyone knew the site address for walker foam and has > anyone ever shaped one of their blanks? http://www.thirdcoastsurf.com/images/Walker_Foam.gif

Austin:>>> I’ve never used Walker blanks and the responses you’ve gotten already are > from some surfboard builders whose views I respect very much. These guys > know what they are talking about. I have a one page Walker price list and > info sheet that was faxed out on an inquiry I made back in April. It may > be dated info but here it is.>>> Tom S. thanks for the info yall. and thanks tom for the price sheet.

Shaped aprox. 2500 boards for Weber mid 90’s, and found walker great for classic longboards, especialy Donald’s plugs. Might want to do the flashlight test to look for bubbles and voids. Easy to finish for tints, nice sparkle. Bulky plugs for shortboards and eggs, usually too thick, great for comp. pre-shapes( ask gary linden ! ) Generally higher prices than Clark, with more flaws. The do offer good rates and turnover on custom glue-ups Hope that helps - S.A.

Walker doesn’t have a web address yet, I shape a lot of their foam, it is > fast for production shaping. The glue-ups are off quite often anf the > blanks have twists and bumps, more than Clark. The hardness of Walker is > greater than Clarks, but the shear strength of Walkers is much weaker than > the Clark foam. The factor of twists and bumps, in my opinion makes it a > bigger challenge for the begining/inexperienced shaper. First board, use > Clark. Speaking of Clark blanks, they’re blanks are blowing gas again. Just glassed one Mon. and had gas in the nose and tail areas. Checked with another glassing factory 0ver here and they were incountering the same problem.Kokua

Hey Kokua, What do you mean by blowing gas?

Austin, Don’t know where you are at, but if you are anywhere near NE Fla. you can get Walker Blanks from Clay Bennett. I have done 2 boards with the Walker foam and it seemed to me to be about the same as Clark. Of course I am only pretending to be a shaper and probably wouldn’t know a twist if I saw one. Clay can hook you up though if you are in the area. http://www.claybennettsurfboards.com

Austin, Don’t know where you are at, but if you are anywhere near NE Fla. > you can get Walker Blanks from Clay Bennett. I have done 2 boards with the > Walker foam and it seemed to me to be about the same as Clark. Of course I > am only pretending to be a shaper and probably wouldn’t know a twist if I > saw one. Clay can hook you up though if you are in the area. Nah im in virginia beach. ill check it out on the next trip south though. thanks, austin

Speaking of Clark blanks, they’re blanks are blowing gas again. Just > glassed one Mon. and had gas in the nose and tail areas. Checked with > another glassing factory 0ver here and they were incountering the same > problem.Kokua …(other than heat and too much in the mix),that’s what might have happened to me on a 6’-2"C SUPERLIGHT.I found a silver dollar size delam up on the nose after I hotcoated,don’t know where it came from,and it wasn’t there after I lammed…I also noticed some micro stuff in the tail area…lots of worm holes in both blanks.Herb