Wave Hollow?

I’ve got a “Wave Hollow” surfboard about 6’. It is in good shape and I am looking for some information. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that knows anything about the brand or when/where it was made. I will get some pictures together to post on a site in a couple of days, which will probably help quite a bit.

I’ve got a “Wave Hollow” surfboard about 6’. It is in good shape > and I am looking for some information. I would appreciate hearing from > anyone that knows anything about the brand or when/where it was made. I > will get some pictures together to post on a site in a couple of days, > which will probably help quite a bit. These boards were built in the early 1970’s in Ventura/Saticoy, California, by a company owned by Karl Pope and (I think) Bob Johnson. They are hollow, with decks made of a honeycomb material. If you intend to ride it, you have to make sure the drain plug on the nose is still there. Considered a “molded” board of their time,I believe the archives here hold commentary on pros and cons.

These boards were built in the early 1970’s in Ventura/Saticoy, > California, by a company owned by Karl Pope and (I think) Bob Johnson. > They are hollow, with decks made of a honeycomb material. If you intend to > ride it, you have to make sure the drain plug on the nose is still there. > Considered a “molded” board of their time,I believe the archives > here hold commentary on pros and cons. Nels is right.Contact Karl or his son Thane at the pope bisect website, or contact Bill “Blinky” Hubina at Ventura Surf Shop.

my very first surfboard was a hollow wave…

I’ve got a “Wave Hollow” surfboard about 6’. It is in good shape > and I am looking for some information. I would appreciate hearing from > anyone that knows anything about the brand or when/where it was made. I > will get some pictures together to post on a site in a couple of days, > which will probably help quite a bit. How does it ride? I always wanted to try one back in the 70’s.

How does it ride? I always wanted to try one back in the 70’s. Actually, I couldn’t tell you. I don’t surf. It was purchased for my son from a friend around five years ago, and it has sat in my garage ever since. Here are the pics that I said I would get out in the originally post. http://www.abdwebdesigns.com/wavehollow