Wave Set fin

I just got an older board (Jacobs) that has the WAVE set system, two set screws at each end in the fin box, but no fin. I checked the Oneworldsurf and yes they have the fins for $150.00 each. At little mucho for me, anyone have an alternate source? I can possibly rationalize up to fifty bucks to the gate keeper but I don’t think much more. The board is pretty cool, but I’m not sure if it’s a Jacobs original, has a logo that doesn’t look like his…Yellow bold font with purple outlined letters. Does anyone have an idea about that? Thanks.

I’ve never done this, but I would make a wave fin from a standard fiberglass fin. Take a standard box fin and pull the pin out. Bevel the lower part of the pin end into a point. Laminate fiberglass across and past the bevel, making a longer based version of the standard fin. Then laminate glass onto the base sides until you reach the wave box width. Sand and drill the other hole, and you’re done.

I’ve never done this, but I would make a wave fin from a standard > fiberglass fin. Take a standard box fin and pull the pin out. Bevel the > lower part of the pin end into a point. Laminate fiberglass across and > past the bevel, making a longer based version of the standard fin. Then > laminate glass onto the base sides until you reach the wave box width. > Sand and drill the other hole, and you’re done. Sound like a piece of cake.

1.tape over screw holes 2.paint box and area w/ mold release 3. put herbs diaper mix in slot around a standard box fin(not too hot w/or it’ll cook) 4. remove whole mess w/ water 5.sand and drill 6.surf

I checked with Hap today about the board that I bought. It has the Wave Set fin. The short board 7’2" was made in the early 70’s and most likely shaped by Wayne Rich. Hap didn’t make any short boards and his label was used by Wayne back then. He also said that alot of boards had “Surfboards by Jacobs”, label too.

Thanks for all the cool insight on fin adjustment. They would, I sure work very well. This board is a classic shape and the 30 or so years have taken its toll. I really don’t want to modify this one, just get the original fin to make it an complete original board again.

I checked with Hap today about the board that I bought. It has the Wave > Set fin. The short board 7’2" was made in the early 70’s and most > likely shaped by Wayne Rich. Hap didn’t make any short boards and his > label was used by Wayne back then. He also said that alot of boards had > “Surfboards by Jacobs”, label too. W.R.said the 7’2" was probably shaped by Jeff Weidner,or Dan Bendiksen.As for the fin you are looking for. A hundread and fifty buck’s is cheap.

I just got an older board (Jacobs) that has the WAVE set system, two set > screws at each end in the fin box, but no fin. I checked the Oneworldsurf > and yes they have the fins for $150.00 each. At little mucho for me, > anyone have an alternate source? I can possibly rationalize up to fifty > bucks to the gate keeper but I don’t think much more. The board is pretty > cool, but I’m not sure if it’s a Jacobs original, has a logo that doesn’t > look like his…Yellow bold font with purple outlined letters. Does > anyone have an idea about that? Thanks. is it a Jacobs “Streak” model?

How would I know if it is a “Streak”? The board is 7’2", it should be posted any time, I sent in the picture of it an description on Monday to the board forum, but it hasn’t shown up yet.Does it say Streak on the board somewhere?