weight of red x

i’m dissapointed, i went for red x and it makes my board a brick. it feels like car battery is on the back of my board. how about a refund, false advertising. this is dissapointing

i’m dissapointed, i went for red x and it makes my board a brick. it feels > like car battery is on the back of my board. how about a refund, false > advertising. this is dissapointing …I would blame your installer,not Tom@daum/Red-X fins.I just finished 2 boards,6’0"x21.5"w/tris,and a 6’6"x20"w/tris both glassed with double 4oz deck/single bottom,(lots of oversized patches too)with superlight foam.The thickness on the shapes are 2-5/8"and fairly full,flatdecked to the rails…both boards weight under 4lbs with fins in. (and just tip 4lbs with the comp XM leashes attached).The weight in the tail is no more that the weight in my boards with FCS SYSTEMS in them…who cut,and filled your holes?Herb ps…my boards are as strong as they get for this blank/glassing set-up,you can check it out for yourself if you’d like, e-mail

i’m dissapointed, i went for red x and it makes my board a brick. it feels > like car battery is on the back of my board. how about a refund, false > advertising. this is dissapointing dave, I’m sorry your first experience with our product was not as you had anticipated. Let me know who your board was shaped glassed and boxes installed so that we can work with them on resolving future disappointments before they occur. While we won’t replace your board, once we get the situation resolved with your boards manufacturer I’ll be happy to give you another set to try. Are you certain it’s the weight and not just the template or positioning. I’ve tried a drivey fin setup in slopey conditions and found it felt like a dog. Then I switched the fins to a smaller more vertical template and positioned them closer together. Well the result was the board lit up.

i like the strength of the system and the shiftability…the board rides okay, but can just get a little heavy for quick reentries and airs in small surf. the board was made by proctor in ventura calif…all his other boards are real light so i thought it was odd.