What bottom contours do you like for 62A/65A + thruster?

Howdy folks,

I’m working on a small wave fishy thruster design for very weak waves (template below) and was curious what bottom contours you all had found success with using the 62A/65A NAT rocker.

I’ve never used either of these before and of course the best way to know is to try one and find out, but since I have to order my blanks and have them shipped to me, I’m just trying to get a sense of what to expect.

From the snooping I’ve done on the internet, I gather Pat likes to put vee in the back end of his single fins and the rocker is pretty flat out the tail on both of these blanks, which would suggest that could be the ticket.

However, the few times I’ve tried to put vee in the back end of a shortboard, the board ended up super squirrely and lacked drive in the turns. So I’m hesitant to try that approach again.

Then again, any time I’ve tried that, the rockers I used had more curve than these blanks.

Round and round I go…

My thoughts, Max vee out the tail will be squirrely, but shape the vee with max just in front of the fins and then fade back to zero at the tail. Used to be called spiral vee?

George — love the idea, I’ve made some single fins that are nothing short of magic with those contours, just with a different blank. Have you tried this with the A series fish blanks before?

No, I dont know anything about those blanks.
The vee is just what I persnally use. Cheers.