what is it with all these millennials?

“There’s no shortage of good Shapers”.   Brad Basham

There’s a guy near me that has opened up a shop that teaches people how to shape and glass their own boards. I’m not sure it’s doing that great, but he’s trying.

…just found that the machine arrived to one of these poor countries in West Africa; so the problem is not only millennial hipsters pseudo shapers but first world businessmen doing their thing with newbie and naives guys there showing not only that the machine is the right way but the competition is the only Surfing way! (and the boards associated)

They also told me that they teach to handshape a few guys but due to increased Asian imports ¿?!! and to not go down with the orders!!! they needed to use the machine.

I have been hearing this speech more than one time but the reality is that in mid 80s is when the Surfing was bigger around the world and the top factories went well with the ghost shapers; then the crew have been always the same; so that supidity about filling orders is false.

May be I am a romantic but in this world that almost all is machined could be good to still have something like surfboards out of that parameter but I see that is almost impossible due to in a blank canvas like these guys in that country have, they are planting the wrong seed.

All I know is that the surf industry could collapse tomorrow and it wouldn’t stop me from being able to make my own boards and fins for my family and friends.  I can source everything I need from alternate sources.    Us ghetto backyarders will be the last ones to give up.  

there’s new kid in town…and you’re still around.

I don’t know who you’re talkng about, these new kids, (don’t want to name names?) but do you really think they’re making money at it? Or just having fun?  Kids like to have fun. No need to get grumpy…

…hello, I am not talking about that. Never mentioned anything regarding that. Please read again.