Where to shape in LA / How to find studio space?

Hey

I’ve been having trouble finding a space to shape in LA - westside. Anyone know of a room available around here?

Or - does anyone know of any good resources to rent out a small studio / garage / workshop space. I’ve been scouring craigslist but can’t seem to find anything that would work out.

Thank you

Can’t help specifically but many if not most of the glass shops and surf craft supply stores will rent out shaping bays for 5-10 dollars an hour, sometimes for free. I would just call every single surfboard glasser and supply store within driving distance. If they say no, ask if they have any recommendations or advice. Its a surprisingly small community and I’ll bet eventually you will find something that will work.

Foam EZ has a shaping room for rent. If you buy your blank there you can get a good rate. I wanted to make a board while visiting that area, but they don’t have a place to glass. They can outsource it, but would take at least a week. Didn’t fit my plans.
Too bad because with UV resin, you could make a board in a day. I guess the mess from sanding is not worth it.