wood board builders

Does anyone else wood burn their logo’s in their finished work??

I saw a thread about what pencil to use to sign your board and thought about this.

It’s a nice touch, but I have not seen it elsewhere.

Just a question but did you make your own brand or get it from somewhere?

Joe~

I just ordered my new brand the trancendental rockin A, its kinda like an A sittin on

top o’ an

Egyptian eye

with a double oval surround

and two legs and a 1/3 oval on the legs

I checked the directory of western brands and didn’t see another like it so I think its worth gettin the smithy to do it

well mebe I just stick with the chicken foot

…I just love the smell o’ burnin fur at the spring round-up,

an eatin them little Oysters

make my wife so happy after I get home

…ambrose… outa range

oh give me a home ,where the turtles alone

have dominion o’r the waves

where the cracking curls crave

a high spirited slave

to massage each slick spinning tube

not yet, but I did think of cutting a steel stencil to blow torch a patern through on to the wood with my last board, I might try it on this project.

Cheers

Jase (MMM)

i have just been using a soldering iron to sign the wood, and put designs into the wooden fins

I have seen these brands advertised in wood workers supply for cabinet makers. http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=117-458 I think they can make up whatever text you want, up to 20 characters.

Looks neat.

Pete

I take my artwork / logo to the local trophy shop…

They have a “laser engraver” that’s computer driven…

They scan my artwork, then “woodburn” that into either wood veneer or a metalic looking plastic…

(above) wood veneer…

(above) Metalic looking plastic…The gold surface is very thin…The backing is a thicker back plastic…The overall thickness is about the same as wood veneer…

There are plenty of thin materials that can be laser engraved, let the imagination run…

Each logo costs about $5.00…

Just don’t get caught with that running iron in your saddle bags. Western justice. String you up, boy.Mike

Paul,

When do you apply the laminates logos? is there a noticble raised ledge? They look very nice. Do you have to bring your own wood or plastic to the engraver or does he stock that material?

I got mine off the internet. Simple words are inexpensive, complcated designs more expensive and the larger the iron the more the cost also.

cmp , I have seen the master Dale Velzy brand some of his hotcurls, they are really nice.

Quote:

When do you apply the laminates logos? is there a noticble raised ledge? They look very nice. Do you have to bring your own wood or plastic to the engraver or does he stock that material?

I put the logo on before laminating…I mask off the area, then use contact cement to glue it in place…

After you’ve done a few of these, the ledge can be feathered back so that it is imperceptible…

I bring the wood, they have the rest…

Mr. Jensen, that is one of the slickest boards I’ve seen yet on swaylocks, hat is off to ya.

for the branding iron you might try

http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=433&filter=branding

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id=699&filter=branding