WTB! Getting Back into Shaping/Glassing

Hi All-

After leaving my shop on the Central Coast and moving to LA and joining the Rat Race for the last 15+ years my CEO and CFO (wife and daughter) have given me the green light to build up a new shaping room and glassing/ding repair room. Funds are a little tight, so before I go out and spend a ton of money on new stuff I wanted to see what can be recycled from the community for fair prices-

Here’s what I’m looking for:
-Adjustable steel shaping racks (hard mounted)
-Fin installation kits (FCS2, Future, Lokbox ect)
-Eight-foot fluorescent light fixtures
-110v dust collector
-110v belt driven air compressor
-Surplus materials (glass, resin, blanks etc.)

Not sure what you might have sitting around collecting dust that I could take off your hands. I’m located in Long Beach and willing to meet up between LA and SD.

Thanks in advance!
Dave Jorgenson
davidjorgenson@hotmail.com
(562) 338-Four Two Nine One

Welcome back!

Hi Dave - I don’t know if you remember me but I visited your shop one time and we messed around with some wiring stuff. You were also at the first Big Sur campout I believe. Anyway, I have a couple of 8’ fixtures you can have but you’ll have to get the bulbs. I will double check if you are interested to make sure they work before I waste your time. I might be able to fill in some other stuff but I remember you being pretty well stocked on tools. Not sure what you might need. Just shoot me a message here and let me know.

Also, keep an eye on those classifieds sections. Always someone in Southern Cali looking to sell all their stuff. Looks like you might score there. Someone was selling a complete glassing set up and more a couple weeks ago.
Some addictions are worth picking back up!

Hi John-

Of coarse I remember you and thanks again for helping me with the exhaust fan! Time sure flies by. Sure do miss the Central Coast and hope to get back up there some day. The first Big Sur trip was a very memorable one. Got a fun Taco Skateboard from Herb and still have a $70 gift certificate from Rich Halcyon Fins (wonder if it expires :slight_smile: I plan on getting up to SLO/Osos mid April and if you still have them I’ll be glad to take them off your hands! Time to dust off the Skil and mow a little foam soon.

Kind regards,
Dave