you know you are swaylockian when...

You’ve done bugger all boards but your theory is better than people with twenty years experience.

…When you are shaping and/or glassing a board and a million and a half posts are running through your head…

you know you are swaylockian when…

You’re willing to give it a try…

from basic repairs to compsands…Swaylock’s does it all

when you start to feel that you know more about surfboards than the thing you do for work.

Leave your ego behind and open your mind.

surfing is a religion.

every time you hear the word CHIP or FISH

you think of ben and the prawn

first, masa, awesome avitar.

second silly holy $h!+e you are right, i always think about ben whenever i see fish and chips.

When you have a sore back from Swaylocking !

and Chip must have an understanding boss if he has no home computer.

What is it now? 50 posts per day!!!

Cheers

Mooneemick

when you post on threads like this…

If your reading this instead of working.

If your reading this instead of working and your boss sits on the desk opposite.

If your log on everyday and have to hide it from the boss.

If you’ve ever been sacked for spending too much time on Sways.

You ask if they are on sways like should come with a secret hand shake, and when they have no idea persuade them to log on.

You randomly meet fellow swaylocker and have a mind bending conversation about the finder points of board design that you know no one outside the forum would get it.

If you ever say Bill PM’d me with these pictures of fins and have printed out 10 pages of side bite from the 70’s

… you’re late for a meeting, but you have to check swaylocks before you go.

When you live four hours away from the sweet salty air, and use it to feed the images of times past…

When you cannot / or do not carve - but respect the art and work of others…

When you are trying to see ‘what IS out there?’

When you see a post of a guy in Michigan (somewhere in the midwest - I apologize) and another from Stockton surfing a pizza box behind a boat on a lake and go hmmm…I think there is a lake behind the Hoover Dam, I got some friends with boats…

Then you are not 4 hours away anymore.

I am not saying I am one, but it sure as hell feels great that you are all too kind for sharing.

For that - I thank you!

Now I know I got some pizza boxes around here somewhere…

lets see…

When you are a thousand miles from the nearest Ocean or surf shop and your searching for information to complete building a Pizza Hut cardboard surfboard. It’s cool to see a reference to the Pizza Hut board on this thread:) Ohhh… by the way I’m in Columbus, Ohio and I’m obligated to refer to the state referenced as “that state up north.” It’s a football thing, next year we’ll beat the SEC.

I am reading this instead of working, lucky I am the boss, and if I had a shaping machine I could waste more time, H.